USB mouse and PS2 keyboard not working

Shine-Star

I was facing an issue with my CD-ROM drive not detecting on the keyboard.
Subsequently i had come across an article in the microsoft website (KB314060)
suggesting to delete the upper filter and lower filter in the registry after
which my USB mouse and PS2 keyboard stopped responding even in the safe mode.
The same works fine however on another XP machine except my damn machine. I
cannot reinstall the OS as i have lots of data and very less space for a
parrallel installation.

Someone, Please HELP..!!!

Rich Barry

Does a PS2 Mouse work? If yes, go back into SafeMode and try a System
Restore. Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore. Just
follow the instructions.

Paul

Shine-Star said:
Anyone there... Please HELP...!!!

You got one answer from Barry. That answer cannot be seen on the
MS web site, but you can see Barry's answer via the Google archive.

http://groups.google.ca/group/micro...read/thread/b839de743d618ca3/b7b152ddf62c23d2

When you look at the MS web site, Barry's answer is missing.

http://www.microsoft.com/communitie....aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware&
tid=ea79312f-a682-445e-bd64-83ab68c90051&cat=en_US_8288eeac-739b-4d5a-9ce9-ee7f27ed3b40&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=&p=1

Good luck,
Paul

Geezer

I have had the very same problem since Oct 25th!!! Can't seem to get
satisfactory answer. I came back to my Win XP/SP3 after putting it to sleep
and the hard drive was off. When I booted up I got the message that the
keyboard and mouse was not recognized (USB mouse/keyboard) I tried rebooting
several times...even tried using mouse and keyboard on my old W98 machine
that I am using now and they both work. If there was a way to get to system
restore I would go back but it's a little difficult when the keyboard and
mouse don't work....kinda like clapping with one hand.
Thanks for any help you can give!
Joni

Shine-Star

Nope.. Ps2 mouse also does not work on the damn machine. it was working fine
until i deleted the upper and lower filters in the registry.

I finally got help from justanswer.com!! They suggested I get a USB
connected keyboard and mouse since my PS2 wasn't recognized....and it is
working fine now!!!!!