USB joystick problems~!!

G

i had bought a new USB joystick, and i'm using Windows XP SP 1, normally usb hardware is plug and play...
windows can detect the USB joystick but it show me "USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED" << one of the usn devices attached to this computer has malfuntioned, and windows does not recognize it>> .....
i'm confirm my usb ports are running properly... and when i try it from my friends' pc, they all can using the joystick...
i'm stuck on it.. is tat the motherboard problems? i'm using Gigabyte 81K1100 motherboard...

P

public.microsoft.com

have you tried installing the drivers. obviously your motherboard and
windows are working because it says device not recognized. If you don't have
the drivers try a search for them.

J

Joshua Smith [MSFT]

Be sure your USB drivers are up to date too.

Joshua Smith
DirectInput and OpenGL Test Labs
Microsoft

P

Peter Hutchison

i had bought a new USB joystick, and i'm using Windows XP SP 1, normally usb hardware is plug and play...
windows can detect the USB joystick but it show me "USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED" << one of the usn devices attached to this computer has malfuntioned, and windows does not recognize it>> .....
i'm confirm my usb ports are running properly... and when i try it from my friends' pc, they all can using the joystick...
i'm stuck on it.. is tat the motherboard problems? i'm using Gigabyte 81K1100 motherboard...
Maybe because the Joystick is NEWER than Windows XP and hence will not
recognise it. You may need to configure it manually using Game
Controllers control panel instead.

Peter Hutchison
Windows FAQ
http://www.pcguru.plus.com/

Ask a Question