USB 2.0 upgrade

ADAPTEC claims it,s "USB2CONNECT" pci card will work with either MICROSOFT
STANDARD ENHANCED PCI to USB host controller software or ADAPTEC software
installed.I installed the card and my Pavillion Desktop W/ XP HOME recognizes
the installation although the hardware will not appear in the device manager
even after displaying hidden views.This card does not work and appears to be
conflicting with existing usb ports as my computer locks up with to many
devices hooked up.All of which are 2.0 compatible. Is there any help or know
issues I can't seem to find.I have tried install and uninstall add and remove
etc. etc.Thanks

Jim Macklin

Are you running SP1 or SP2?

Have you checked the BIOS settings?