US/CAN Win XP Pro SP2 (E85-02665) versus UK/EUR Win XP Pro SP2 (E8

what differences, US/UK XP Pro SP2 ?

Hello! On the internet in various places I have found a comment from someone
that says that Microsoft had told them that these two versions have
"significant program differences". But even though I see this various places
on the internet, I can not find any mention of what the differences are. Can
anyone anyone help to specify what the "significant program differences" are
between the two? Thanks for your help ~

Pegasus [MVP]

"what "differences", US/UK XP Pro SP2 ?" <what "differences", US/UK XP Pro
SP2 [email protected]> wrote in message
Hello! On the internet in various places I have found a comment from
someone
that says that Microsoft had told them that these two versions have
"significant program differences". But even though I see this various
places
on the internet, I can not find any mention of what the differences are.
Can
anyone anyone help to specify what the "significant program differences"
are
between the two? Thanks for your help ~

AFAIK, there are no differences other than those relating to
language/spelling/units/currency etc. Ask your "someone" to quote an
authoritative source to support their claim. If they can't or won't then
file it away under "myths".

what differences, US/UK XP Pro SP2 ?

:

"what "differences", US/UK XP Pro SP2 ?" <what "differences", US/UK XP Pro
SP2 [email protected]> wrote in message
Hello! On the internet in various places I have found a comment from
someone that says that Microsoft had told them that these two versions have
"significant program differences". But even though I see this various
places on the internet, I can not find any mention of what the differences
are.
Can anyone anyone help to specify what the "significant program
differences"
are between the two? Thanks for your help ~

AFAIK, there are no differences other than those relating to
language/spelling/units/currency etc. Ask your "someone" to quote an
authoritative source to support their claim. If they can't or won't then
file it away under "myths".

Great, very fast and very helpful, thanks!

I won't worry about the myths of differences any more, until I come actually
come across something significant. I am quite happy to use XP with UK
language/spelling/units currency and so on. Thanks again!