Upgrade Advisor Questions

C

ColTom2

Hi:

I ran the Vista Upgrade Advisor and have the following two questions someone might be able to answer. The Advisor was unsure of compatibility with Vista.

1. Microsoft Intellipoint Mouse - Driver version 5.2.413.0

2. MSN Explorer - I have no idea what version of this that I have other than it's the free version that I acquired with my Hotmail account. I can find no reference anywhere as to what version that I have installed. I have IE7 installed.

Can anyone tell me if the above have compatibility problems with the forthcoming Vista Premium Edition?

Thanks

C

Colin Barnhorst

Intellipoint is a common topic in this ng.

I am not sure where the MSN Explorer would come from but from having once had an MSN subscription. It is not related to Hotmail. I do know that MSN 9.5 is required for Vista.

Did you have MSN at some time? If so there may be a leftover registry entry.
Hi:

I ran the Vista Upgrade Advisor and have the following two questions someone might be able to answer. The Advisor was unsure of compatibility with Vista.

2. MSN Explorer - I have no idea what version of this that I have other than it's the free version that I acquired with my Hotmail account. I can find no reference anywhere as to what version that I have installed. I have IE7 installed.

Can anyone tell me if the above have compatibility problems with the forthcoming Vista Premium Edition?

Thanks

C

ColTom2

Hi Colin:

As I stated in my original email I have no idea of the version of MSN Explorer that I have installed, nor do I know how to determine the version. One of the few, if any programs, that I have not been able to determine the version.

Thanks

I am not sure where the MSN Explorer would come from but from having once had an MSN subscription. It is not related to Hotmail. I do know that MSN 9.5 is required for Vista.

Hi:

Thanks

C

Colin Barnhorst

Any reference to MSN in Add/Remove Programs?

Hi Colin:

As I stated in my original email I have no idea of the version of MSN Explorer that I have installed, nor do I know how to determine the version. One of the few, if any programs, that I have not been able to determine the version.

Thanks

Hi:

Thanks

C

ColTom2

Hi Colin:

No MSN Explorer is not listed in Add/Remove Programs; however, I found where I could send an email inquiry to them and have done so. I will post back any reply of value when and if received.

In addition, I finally found this Microsoft website applicable Intellipoint which may be of value to others:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/vista/vistasupport/intellipoint.mspx

At least they can download the Microsoft Beta version from this site.

Thanks

Any reference to MSN in Add/Remove Programs?

Hi Colin:

Thanks

Hi:

Thanks

Ask a Question