Unrecognized Returned E-mail

Jim A

I am still getting e-mail returned that I did not send
and do not even recognize. A couple of example below:
I have run Norton security virus detection with the most
up to date software and it says no viruses.
Can anyone advise a cause and solution?

Example 1:

I'm sorry the message returned below could not be
delivered to the following addresses:

Undeliverable to (e-mail address removed)
Date: 11 Dec 2003 00:07:41 +0100
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Abort Message

--wbwbdzxton

<HTML>
<HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY>
<iframe src=3D"cid:utfbgwgb" height=3D0
width=3D0></iframe>
<BR><BR>Hi.
<BR>I'm sorry =
I wasn't able to deliver your message =
to one or more destinations.<BR>
<BR><BR><BR>Undelivered mail to
<B>[email protected]</B>
</BODY></HTML>

--wbwbdzxton

Tm9ydG9uIEFudGlWaXJ1cyByZW1vdmVkIHRoZSBhdHRhY2htZW50OiBjZW
V0bXYuZXhlLg0K
VGhlIFczMi5Td2VuLkFAbW0gdGhyZWF0IHdhcyBkZXRlY3RlZCBpbiB0aG
UgYXR0YWNobWVu
dC4=
--wbwbdzxton--

Examole 2:

ACCLPM AKA UK Cynic

These are spoofs (some contain viruses) - You can ignore them, but
better to just delete errantly.

Date: 11 Dec 2003 00:07:41 +0100

--wbwbdzxton

<HTML>
<HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY>
<iframe src=3D"cid:utfbgwgb" height=3D0
width=3D0></iframe>
<BR><BR>Hi.
<BR>I'm sorry =
I wasn't able to deliver your message =
to one or more destinations.<BR>
<BR><BR><BR>Undelivered mail to
<B>[email protected]</B>
</BODY></HTML>

--wbwbdzxton

Tm9ydG9uIEFudGlWaXJ1cyByZW1vdmVkIHRoZSBhdHRhY2htZW50OiBjZW
V0bXYuZXhlLg0K
VGhlIFczMi5Td2VuLkFAbW0gdGhyZWF0IHdhcyBkZXRlY3RlZCBpbiB0aG
UgYXR0YWNobWVu
dC4=
--wbwbdzxton--

Examole 2:

Brian Tillman

Jim A said:
I am still getting e-mail returned that I did not send
and do not even recognize.

That's because your address was hijacked by a virus or trojan on someone
else's computer. That person, whoever it is, had your address in their
address book. The trojan on their computer is sending out its messages with
your address (and the addresses of others in that address book) as the
sender. When the messages bounce, the bounces come to you, since the
bouncing router thinks you are the sender.

Since the problem is not on your computer, there's nothing you can do to
stop it.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace