in my workbook. It gives me the following log repair file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
- <recoveryLog
xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main">
<logFileName>error047640_01.xml</logFileName>
<summary>Errors were detected in file 'C:\Documents and
Settings\kpatterson\Desktop\DASH\New Daily DashBoard.xlsx'</summary>
- <removedParts summary="Following is a list of removed parts:">
<removedPart>Removed Part: /xl/pivotTables/pivotTable1.xml part.
(PivotTable view)</removedPart>
<removedPart>Removed Part: /xl/pivotTables/pivotTable2.xml part.
(PivotTable view)</removedPart>
</removedParts>
- <removedFeatures summary="Following is a list of removed features:">
<removedFeature>Removed Feature: PivotTable report from
/xl/pivotCache/pivotCacheDefinition1.xml part (PivotTable
cache)</removedFeature>
<removedFeature>Removed Feature: PivotTable report from
/xl/pivotCache/pivotCacheDefinition2.xml part (PivotTable
cache)</removedFeature>
</removedFeatures>
- <removedRecords summary="Following is a list of removed records:">
<removedRecord>Removed Records: Workbook properties from /xl/workbook.xml
part (Workbook)</removedRecord>
</removedRecords>
</recoveryLog>

Can anyone help me out? Please advise. Thank you.

S

Simon Murphy

Pivot caches are a common cause of corruption in E2007. What type of
pivot table is/was it? (2007 or 2003 compatible)
Creating a 2003 compatible pivot doesn't work well especially in .xlsx
formats.
If you need 2003 compatibility use E2003 to create your pivot.

If not (I assume this as you are saving as .xlsx) then use a 2007
style/structure pivot.

Cheers
Simon
Excel development website: www.codematic.net

K

Ken Ent

We are currently experiencing a similar problem but the worksheets do not
include any pivot tables, only ODBC extracts. They are extracted and saved
in xlsx format but keep getting this error. When it recovers, it removes the
xml portions of the table.

L

Lance

This problem with the external data connections is driving me crazy. I've
got a lot of tools that use these ODBC table queries to refresh accounting
data. Do you have a good source that can teach the ADO VBA method you
mention below?

Reaction score
I avidly read these posts and still did not find my exact problem. I am using Windows 7, Office 2007. I have written several macros in Excel - prints out to about 40 pages - to do some pretty fancy stuff for a customer. I do NOT have any pivot tables ... well none that I know of. I never created one intentionally. Since I am using macros I am saving as .xlsm files. Often when I load the workbook, I either get: "Workbook damaged, cannot load" or "Errors found, Recover?" When I do the recover, I get this as the recovery log.

BODY{font:x-small 'Verdana';margin-right:1.5em} .c{cursor:hand} .b{color:red;font-family:'Courier New';font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none} .e{margin-left:1em;text-indent:-1em;margin-right:1em} .k{margin-left:1em;text-indent:-1em;margin-right:1em} .t{color:#990000} .xt{color:#990099} .ns{color:red} .dt{color:green} .m{color:blue} .tx{font-weight:bold} .db{text-indent:0px;margin-left:1em;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;padding-left:.3em;border-left:1px solid #CCCCCC;font:small Courier} .di{font:small Courier} .d{color:blue} .pi{color:blue} .cb{text-indent:0px;margin-left:1em;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;padding-left:.3em;font:small Courier;color:#888888} .ci{font:small Courier;color:#888888} PRE{margin:0px;display:inline} <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
- <recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main">
<logFileName>error023360_01.xml</logFileName>

<summary>Errors were detected in file 'C:\Users\Jim Guess\Documents\Jim\Consulting\Combotronics\Combotronics Customer Data.xlsm'</summary>

<removedRecord>Removed Records: Sorting from /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part</removedRecord>

</removedRecords>

</recoveryLog>

Sometimes I get no errors loading the workbook, sometimes I do.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reaction score
I avidly read these posts and still did not find my exact problem. I am using Windows 7, Office 2007. I have written several macros in Excel - prints out to about 40 pages - to do some pretty fancy stuff for a customer. I do NOT have any pivot tables ... well none that I know of. I never created one intentionally. Since I am using macros I am saving as .xlsm files. Often when I load the workbook, I either get: "Workbook damaged, cannot load" or "Errors found, Recover?" When I do the recover, I get this as the recovery log.

BODY{font:x-small 'Verdana';margin-right:1.5em} .c{cursor:hand} .b{color:red;font-family:'Courier New';font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none} .e{margin-left:1em;text-indent:-1em;margin-right:1em} .k{margin-left:1em;text-indent:-1em;margin-right:1em} .t{color:#990000} .xt{color:#990099} .ns{color:red} .dt{color:green} .m{color:blue} .tx{font-weight:bold} .db{text-indent:0px;margin-left:1em;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;padding-left:.3em;border-left:1px solid #CCCCCC;font:small Courier} .di{font:small Courier} .d{color:blue} .pi{color:blue} .cb{text-indent:0px;margin-left:1em;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;padding-left:.3em;font:small Courier;color:#888888} .ci{font:small Courier;color:#888888} PRE{margin:0px;display:inline} <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
- <recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main">
<logFileName>error023360_01.xml</logFileName>

<summary>Errors were detected in file 'C:\Users\Jim Guess\Documents\Jim\Consulting\Combotronics\Combotronics Customer Data.xlsm'</summary>

<removedRecord>Removed Records: Sorting from /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part</removedRecord>

</removedRecords>

</recoveryLog>

Sometimes I get no errors loading the workbook, sometimes I do.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
I get the exact same message. Did you ever find a solution?

Reaction score
Having that issue too, I finally manage to find a solution for that. In my case, it seems that sheet1 was sorted and this was causing the error message when opening + reapairing. I added this in vba:

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)

ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("SUMMARY").Sort.SortFields.Clear
end sub
and since then everything is fine (my sheet1's name is SUMMARY, you may have to replace it)

Ask a Question