Unofficial Helpdesk

BillR

From: "Frank Bohan" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 10:23 AM
Subject: Unofficial Helpdesk

This site has lots of useful information including links to online spyware,
virus, pop-up blockers and browser security scanners, and some freeware
programs.

http://unofficialhelpdesk.home.insightbb.com/
Nope. Very basic information that pushes commercial software on most pages.
No mention of Ad-aware or Spybot S&D except a simple link in the "keep it
updated" list. No mention of AntiVir, avast!, AVG, BitDefender (on-demand),
eTrust EZArmor, .... Site does recommend Mozilla and on-line scans via
Housecall (Trend Micro), Panda, and PestScan (PestPatrol) while pushing the
corresponding commercial products.

You should have visited this one, Frank. ;-)

BillR

Frank Bohan

Nope. Very basic information that pushes commercial software on most pages.
No mention of Ad-aware or Spybot S&D except a simple link in the "keep it
updated" list. No mention of AntiVir, avast!, AVG, BitDefender (on-demand),
eTrust EZArmor, .... Site does recommend Mozilla and on-line scans via
Housecall (Trend Micro), Panda, and PestScan (PestPatrol) while pushing the
corresponding commercial products.

You should have visited this one, Frank. ;-)

BillR

Took ANOTHER look, Bill, and see what you mean about commercial products. I
think I was beguiled when I first looked at it by the touches of humour.
Nevertheless, the site would be useful to some people. Regards.

===

Frank Bohan
¶ The sun comes up too early for my liking.