I've tried the solution from 314464 - How to Troubleshoot
Unknown Devices Listed in Device Manager. Nothing has
worked. It's an older HP Scanjet that I tried to install,
now I can't get rid of the Unknown Devices in Device
Manager under Imaging.

Any Help would be Great!

Thanks

G

First of all check out the HP website to find out if there are updated drivers for your scanner and WinXP. If not, find the list for unsupported hardware (or something to that effect) on HP Website, if yours is on the list your best bet is to turf it and buy a new one that is suppported by WinXP. Decent quality scanners are fairly cheap. Although I realize a dollar is still a dollar

Personnally I had an HP 5100C that worked wonderfully under Win95 (actually it was the fourth one that worked the best after the first three crapped out under warranty - but thats a whole other story). When I upgraded to a new machine with XP I found that you had to use XP's built in driver which provided only limited functionality with the scanner. Basically it would only scan only one pic at a time and the XP software was cumbersome / useless. I contacted HP and after multiple non-toll free calls to tech support and customer dis-service I was told that they had the software I needed for WinXP and that in exchange for a credit card number they would send me the disk. When I got the disk everything BUT WinXp was listed on it, so after paying for another two phone calls I was told that the disk would not work on XP and "why did we send you that disk...?" Anyway, to there credit they refunded my money and I tossed the disk. Sorry for rambling but I had to get that out (with no swearing - wow). I am better now

If you buy a new scanner remember to check out the software to see it does everything you want it too

Regards, We

----- (e-mail address removed) wrote: ----

I've tried the solution from 314464 - How to Troubleshoot
Unknown Devices Listed in Device Manager. Nothing has
worked. It's an older HP Scanjet that I tried to install,
now I can't get rid of the Unknown Devices in Device
Manager under Imaging

Any Help would be Great

Thank

Ask a Question