Uninstall Problems

D

Don R

Greetings, I had some problems uninstalling Quicken 2003. Tried to upgrade to Quicken 2005 and the old version could not be uninstalled. Before attempting to uninstall Quicken 2005 I checked the Add-Remove window in Control Panel and when Quicken 2003 was highlighted there was a button to uninstall the program. However, after the first failed attempt to upgrade to 2005 the option to uninstall 2003 disappeared from the Add-remove window in Control Panel. I find this to be pretty strange behavior. Has anyone else had similar problems? Thanks, Don

D

Don R

Tried that several times. The only thing that worked was to rename the existing Quickenw directory to xQuickenw. The Quicken 2005 then installed without incident. However, I don't understand why 2003 program would not uninstall as it should. And why did the uninstall button vanish from the Add Remove Programs listing? Thanks, Don R

R

Rock

Don said:
Greetings, I had some problems uninstalling Quicken 2003. Tried to upgrade to Quicken 2005 and the old version could not be uninstalled. Before attempting to uninstall Quicken 2005 I checked the Add-Remove window in Control Panel and when Quicken 2003 was highlighted there was a button to uninstall the program. However, after the first failed attempt to upgrade to 2005 the option to uninstall 2003 disappeared from the Add-remove window in Control Panel. I find this to be pretty strange behavior. Has anyone else had similar problems? Thanks, Don

Did you try reinstalling quicken 2003 then uninstaling it?

J

Jim

Try this or modify the suggested solution to suite your needs.
http://tinyurl.com/68tcf
Good luck
Greetings, I had some problems uninstalling Quicken 2003. Tried to upgrade
to Quicken 2005 and the old version could not be uninstalled. Before
attempting to uninstall Quicken 2005 I checked the Add-Remove window in
Control Panel and when Quicken 2003 was highlighted there was a button to
uninstall the program. However, after the first failed attempt to upgrade
to 2005 the option to uninstall 2003 disappeared from the Add-remove window
in Control Panel. I find this to be pretty strange behavior. Has anyone
else had similar problems? Thanks, Don

Ask a Question