Unexpected Shutdown

sim

I try to figure out what is the problem when at the
morning I find out the my server is off. When I try to
boot it up it shows "0 Logical Drive Found" & "0 Logical
Handled by BIOS". The whole day of operation it shows
nothing and functioning well. What I do is that I try to
create a new configuration of the Logical Drive in the
RAID Configuration Setup then boot it up again and it will
go fine again. What are the possible reason why the server
will unexpectedly shutdown and erase the RAID Logical
Drive configuration? Is this something to do with the RAID
Controller? I really need your advices & I will appreciate
it very much. Thanks!

Kevin [MSFT]

This is entirely a h/w problem. I would have to recommend contacting your h/w vendor for assistance in configuring your h/w RAID. There is nothing from the OS perspective that would erase your
RAID drive config.

Otherwise, to try to identify the cause of the unexpected shutdown, check to see if there are errors in the Event Logs to explain what happened - such as Stop errors or hardware errors like Event
ID 9's, 11's, 26's.

This message is provided as is and does not imply any warranty or gaurantee of support of any kind.