Unable to transfer picts to pc via card reader

G

Any suggestions? I can't seem to get my pictures to transfer using my sandisk card reader. It only happens when I use my sandisk 256m sd card. Pictures seem to transfer but will not open using any application. This problem doesn't happen with my 16m sd card, or my 16m or 256m cf cards from a different camera. Very strange.. Camera/scanner wizard doesn't seem to be able to see my card rdr either, but only when I use the sd 256m card. Others all work perfectly. I get it to work if I just go straight from the camera but it chews up the batteries.. Any help would be appreciated.. thx

M

Mary Sauer

Have you tried using the card with a different computer? These cards can become
damaged. If your other cards work okay, could be this one is corrupt.
SanDisk has technical help
http://www.sandisk.com/retail_technical_support_faq.html

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/
http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm
news://msnews.microsoft.com
Mar_ten said:
Any suggestions? I can't seem to get my pictures to transfer using my sandisk card
reader. It only happens when I use my sandisk 256m sd card. Pictures seem to
transfer but will not open using any application. This problem doesn't happen with
my 16m sd card, or my 16m or 256m cf cards from a different camera. Very strange..
Camera/scanner wizard doesn't seem to be able to see my card rdr either, but only
when I use the sd 256m card. Others all work perfectly. I get it to work if I just
go straight from the camera but it chews up the batteries.. Any help would be
appreciated.. thx

G

I will try that. The first card I had did not work at all and couldn't even be formatted. Sandisk sent me a new card which appears to work fine, with the exception of being able to use it with the card reader. Again, if I hook up my camera directly to the pc everything works perfectly. The camera/scanner wizard is always a mystery as to whether it will pop up or not as well. I can't figure that one out either. autoplay is on for all my drives.

G

Seems like the card reader is defective. Try reloading the software, updates, and drivers. A large flash memory may not work well, depending on the type, with a reader that doesn't buffer very good because of the above problems. Good luck!
Sincerely,
digipix

----- Mar_ten wrote: -----

Any suggestions? I can't seem to get my pictures to transfer using my sandisk card reader. It only happens when I use my sandisk 256m sd card. Pictures seem to transfer but will not open using any application. This problem doesn't happen with my 16m sd card, or my 16m or 256m cf cards from a different camera. Very strange.. Camera/scanner wizard doesn't seem to be able to see my card rdr either, but only when I use the sd 256m card. Others all work perfectly. I get it to work if I just go straight from the camera but it chews up the batteries.. Any help would be appreciated.. thx

G

I don't know where to get drivers for it. I checked the disc it came with along with the Sandisk web page and they say drivers aren't needed with xp and in fact they don't even offer them. On the cd that came with the reader it has info for windows 98 and 2000. This card reader works fine with a 32mb sd card, and it also works fine with a 32mb flash card and a 256mb flash card..

Ask a Question