Unable to select TWAIN source

justjohnnygo

Dear sir/Madam,

i have come to use my scanner and I keep receiving the followin
message
"Unable to select TWAIN source".

I have a CanonscanN67OU, which I am running on WindowsXp and I have fo
the last 3 years.

Please help or advise gratefully received please

Yours

justjohnn

philo

justjohnnygo said:
Dear sir/Madam,

i have come to use my scanner and I keep receiving the following
message
"Unable to select TWAIN source".

I have a CanonscanN67OU, which I am running on WindowsXp and I have for
the last 3 years.

Please help or advise gratefully received please

Go to the Canon website and see if they have XP drivers for your scanner

justjohnnygo

[Dear sir/Madam,

I have used CanoScan N67OU/N676U to scan photos, documents etc. for the
last 5 years. Three years ago I installed WindowsXP and it still worked
well.

However, I recently downloaded, CanoScan LiDE 20/N67OU/N676U.

Now, every time I use ScanGear Toolbox, I receive the message
“Unable to select TWAIN source”

Whereas CanoScan N67OU/N676U is in control panel/Caere Scan Manager
5.2. However, it lacks Select your scanner’s manufacturer in the
Manufacturers list box, select the model in the Scanners list box, then
click Next. Therefore I cannot add CanoScan LiDE 20/N67OU/N676U, which
is allocated in control panel/Scanners and cameras. I tested the
scanner and it passed i.e. “Your imaging device successfully completed
the diagnostic test.”

I cannot move CanoScan LiDE 20/N67OU/N676U into Scan Manager 5.2

Even when I uninstall and try to re-install, I receive the advice,
“Make sure you are using the correct TWAIN driver with your imaging
device.”

I have tried to download TWAIN scanner but with no success apart from
joining various organisations that promise to help.

I tried system restore to restore to when I knew the scanner was
working, but it would not restore back to Sat 23rd of Dec.

I have removed CanoScan LiDE 20/N67OU/N676U, which was allocated in
control panel/Scanners and cameras. Still no joy. When I try to use
ScanGear Toolbox, I still receive the message
“Unable to select TWAIN source”

Help please. I have just spent 5 hours trying to sort it out without
success.

Yours Truly

justjohnnygo

-

Go to the Canon website and see if they have XP drivers for your
scanner

justjohnnygo

philo
Dear Philo

Tx for your message.

I entered a couple of sites that involved me joining and going round the houses.

Perhaps when I am more focused I will succeed

justjohnnygo

philo said:
"justjohnnygo" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

Dear sir/Madam,

i have come to use my scanner and I keep receiving the following
message
"Unable to select TWAIN source".

I have a CanonscanN67OU, which I am running on WindowsXp and I have
for
the last 3 years.

Please help or advise gratefully received please
- Hi Philo

TX for your reply

Have managed more by luck than skill to download CanoScan Toolbox 4.1

Now I can scan photos and documents again on CanoScan LiDE
20/N67OU/N676U.

Justjohnnygo

Go to the Canon website and see if they have XP drivers for your
scanner[/Hi Philo

TX for your reply

Have managed more by luck than skill to download CanoScan Toolbox 4.1

Now I can scan photos and documents again on CanoScan LiDE
20/N67OU/N676U.

Justjohnnygo
QUOTE]

Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
My answer

justjohnnygo said:
Dear sir/Madam,

i have come to use my scanner and I keep receiving the followin
message
"Unable to select TWAIN source".

I have a CanonscanN67OU, which I am running on WindowsXp and I have fo
the last 3 years.

Please help or advise gratefully received please

Yours

justjohnn

I know this is a long time in coming, but I had this very same problem.

I downloaded and installed:SGCS7030WNEN_canon_driver_.EXE from driversguide.com and it fixed the problem.

I hope it helps someone.

Paul