Unable to receive email through POP3 accounts

• Thread starter Roadrunner via OfficeKB.com
  • Start date
R

Roadrunner via OfficeKB.com

I'm unable to receive emails through my POP3 accounts. I have no problems sending emails though. If I do a test from Outlook itself it will validate loggin on to the account and send the test mails etc.

I get no errors when trying to do a send/receive.

I've tried to update my Office installation to SP1 but I still have the same problem.

It's not my router firewall as I had no such problems ealier on my Windows XP Pro with SP1.

I've even configured all the relevant ports (TCP 110, TCP 25) in the build-in Windows XP SP2 firewall. furthermore I've added ALL services in the advanced section of the firewall under my Local Area Connection (which include SMTP, POP3, FTP etc.).

System Info:
Windows XP Pro Media Center Edition with SP2

Any ideas ?

A

AndreasRoeder

Hi Roadrunner,

did you get an error message?

--

Roadrunner via OfficeKB.com said:
I'm unable to receive emails through my POP3 accounts. I have no problems
sending emails though. If I do a test from Outlook itself it will validate
loggin on to the account and send the test mails etc.
I get no errors when trying to do a send/receive.

I've tried to update my Office installation to SP1 but I still have the same problem.

It's not my router firewall as I had no such problems ealier on my Windows XP Pro with SP1.

I've even configured all the relevant ports (TCP 110, TCP 25) in the
build-in Windows XP SP2 firewall. furthermore I've added ALL services in the
advanced section of the firewall under my Local Area Connection (which
include SMTP, POP3, FTP etc.).

R

Roadrunner via OfficeKB.com

No error messages are generated. Everything seems to work fine from an Outlook perspective. Disabling the firewall in Windows XP SP2 doesn't make any difference either, a very weird and frustrating thing.

Ask a Question