Unable to post ????

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hmmm just looked at the LInux section and I now have two posts both the same. However I can not delete one of them.
Seems that there must be a glitch in the server or something.

Can someone delete one of the double posts and delete this too. Thanks. :cool:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll take a look at this now for you - sorry about that, it may have been a temporary problem if you tried to post during the same few moments as the weekly backup takes place (it works different to the daily one).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've had a look at the logs and that wasn't the problem after all! There was an automatic security update that took place, which overwrote the standard MySQL database settings. The site must have been crawling when trying to insert data, as it was working from 16MB buffers... rather than 20GB buffers... Looks like this has been happening for 4 days, so I will need to add this file to the monitor list.

Should be fixed now :).

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I've had a look at the logs and that wasn't the problem after all! There was an automatic security update that took place, which overwrote the standard MySQL database settings. The site must have been crawling when trying to insert data, as it was working from 16MB buffers... rather than 20GB buffers... Looks like this has been happening for 4 days, so I will need to add this file to the monitor list.

Should be fixed now :).

Phew thats a relief I though my long post had screwed something up.
good2.gif

Ask a Question