Unable to Create or delete a Partition

Chinasky

I am unable to create a partition in unused unallocated space and unable
to delete a partition, using The Disk Management tools. The message I
receive back is:
“The disk configuration operation did not complete. Check the System
Log for more information on the error’ Verify the Status of your
storage before retrying, if that does not solve the problem, close The
Disk Management Console, then restart6 Disk Management or restart the
computer”

The System event log had the following:
“The Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service services entered the
running state”

I have attempted to create & delete a partition several times; the
errors are always the same. Any ideas anyone?

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Chinasky said:
I am unable to create a partition in unused unallocated space and unable
to delete a partition, using The Disk Management tools. The message I
receive back is:
"The disk configuration operation did not complete. Check the System
Log for more information on the error' Verify the Status of your
storage before retrying, if that does not solve the problem, close The
Disk Management Console, then restart6 Disk Management or restart the
computer"

The System event log had the following:
"The Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service services entered the
running state"

I have attempted to create & delete a partition several times; the
errors are always the same. Any ideas anyone?

More details please!

How many hard drives are installed on the computer? Which hard drive are you
having problems with? How is that hard drive currently partitioned?

Chinasky

--
Chinasky

More details please!

How many hard drives are installed on the computer? Which hard drive
are you
having problems with? How is that hard drive currently partitioned?

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User
I have 4 hard drives:
disk 0, 150GB, 2 partitions & 50GB unallocated space (i an trying to
partition this space)
disk 1 320GB, 3 partitions
disk 2 150GB, 3 partitions(i am trying to delete these & create one
partition)
disk 3 150GB, one partition.
My ultimate goal, is to have RAID 0 on disk 2 & disk 3