Unable to create Dial-up Modem Connections

Dave

Subject: Dial-up Modem or PPPoE Option in New
Connection Wizard Is Unavailable
From: "Dave" <[email protected]>
Sent: 3/22/2004 7:49:05 AM

Hi!!!

Since carrying out an in-place upgrade on a fresh install
of XP.
Now when I attempt to create a new connection the Dial-up
Modem or PPPoE connection is greyed out and not available
within the Create new connections wizard.

The modem is installed and query responds ok, and I have
tried re-installing the modem and also tried installing a
new modem, but the problem persists.

I have also tried the suggestion in the follwoing article

us;320558&Product=winxp
.....but no joy!!

And I have also tried an an in-place upgrade of Windows XP

Has anyone come accross this solution or has any ideas in
order to avoid a clean install on this!

Thanks!
..

I had the same problem after reinstalling windows xp. A tech. support person who was helping me with a satellite dish problem helped me solve it by going into the registry and deleting something, but for the life of me I cant remember what it was. But I do know he got the answer off the microsoft site so you might try checking there. Not much help I know but might be a start to finding the problem. Good luck

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en