Unable to access certain webpages

C

Colleen Lill

I've been having problems lately with attempting to access certain webpages. For example, I tried to download an update to my Spyblaster program and I received this error message at the download site:

You are not authorized to view this page
The same problem has happened at more than one website. I've made sure that these website are "trusted websites", yet that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Also, there are pages where I am not able to open/download pdf files. I have gone into the reader and made sure that the pdf files will open within the browser. Not being able to open pdf files doesn't happen on every site, just one or two.

I suspect that there are settings that need to be changed within the internet tools function. I've played around with the settings, yet nothing seems to make a difference. I've also played with the settings in Zone Alarm pro that I'm also using.

I am using Win XP, IE 6, spyblaster.

Any help is appreciated!

Colleen

A

Alphonse

Aha! Your last line will probably hold the answer. In ZA, go to Privacy, Sites, and check Mobile Code for the sites in question. Also, if you have a pop-up blocker like Ad-Watch of Ad-Aware, you might need to disable it while you download something.

Please let us know if this helps.

I've been having problems lately with attempting to access certain webpages. For example, I tried to download an update to my Spyblaster program and I received this error message at the download site:

The same problem has happened at more than one website. I've made sure that these website are "trusted websites", yet that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Also, there are pages where I am not able to open/download pdf files. I have gone into the reader and made sure that the pdf files will open within the browser. Not being able to open pdf files doesn't happen on every site, just one or two.

I suspect that there are settings that need to be changed within the internet tools function. I've played around with the settings, yet nothing seems to make a difference. I've also played with the settings in Zone Alarm pro that I'm also using.

Any help is appreciated!

Colleen

C

Colleen Lill

Thanks, - this did the trick!

Colleen

Aha! Your last line will probably hold the answer. In ZA, go to Privacy, Sites, and check Mobile Code for the sites in question. Also, if you have a pop-up blocker like Ad-Watch of Ad-Aware, you might need to disable it while you download something.

Please let us know if this helps.

Any help is appreciated!

Colleen

Ask a Question