    OS X?

    THx!

    ~Von

    ~Von, Oct 29, 2008

  2. ~Von

    NotMe Guest

    "~Von" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    : Hello,
    :
    : My trusty Astra 1200S still functions however I don't have an extra
    : PCI slot in my current computer for a scsi card. I see SCSI to USB
    : converters on Ebay and I would love to hear if anyone has been
    : successful in getting their 1200s to work with XP and either VistaScan
    : of MagiScan with a USB to SCSI converter. If not under XP, how about
    : OS X?
    :

    Better verify there are drivers available that work under XP, Vista and the
    Mac OS as we had to dump a batch of UMAX scanners for the lack.

    NotMe, Oct 29, 2008

  3. ~Von

    ~Von Guest

    On Oct 29, 8:59 pm, Barry Watzman <> wrote:
    > It depends on how the drivers were written by UMAX.  Might work, might
    > not (more likely it won't work, but it might).

    I picked up a Belkin USB to SCSI adapter model USB SCSI F5U115-UNV
    (http://www.belkin.com/support/product/?lid=en&pid=F5U115-UNV&scid=1)
    on Ebay and got it set up with the belkin driver. Windowx XP SP3 sees
    the Belkin adapter however it can not find the driver for "UMAX Astra
    1200s V3.1". I tried pointing it to the various installs of vistascan
    and magiscan but none of the inf files worked. Any suggestions?

    THx!

    ~Von

    ~Von, Nov 11, 2008