Ultra bright torch recommendations?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Torch recommendations?

This is a bit of a random question, but I wondered if anyone could give some advice on a powerful torch that is also reasonably compact? Say a max length of 20cm.

My initial guess would be something like a Maglite, but perhaps there is something better out there.

edit: Found an "LED Lenser" torch which looks good :thumb:

Reaction score
feckit said:
Maglite gets my vote.
However i also use this company for kit, link HERE

That's a good site. I have purchased from them in the past. Actually come to think of it, I got onto the site from a link you posted before if I am not mistaken...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Feckit and Madx, I'll take a look at that site now :thumb:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
I bought a reasonably cheap LED torch a while back, Cost me £6.50 at the time. I can't seem to find it but it came from [url="www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk"]www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk [/url]

It has 19 super bright LED's and it stupidly bright, considering it only has 3x AAA batteries its quite amazing. Definitely get something with LED's in it

I've actually been eyeing up that very LED Lenser police torch, it does look quite good.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice folks :)

That LED Lenser one you have is the exact one that I've been looking at too, so I'm going to take your advice and go for that one :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've been using Maglights for around twenty years now, an American introduced me to them, they're good.

I use the small size, the one that takes 2 x AA cells, not the one that takes AAA cells and have three atm (Toolbox; Disco; Home). They cost around £13.00

I note that there is an LED conversion available for this Maglight but I haven't tried one yet.

Must admit though, I'm very tempted by the Police torch Taffycat linked to.

Reaction score
My wife bought two LED torches.They are small, just over 5",and they have 28 led bulbs to boot, boy are they bright with such a clear white light. I think she paid £19.99 buy one get one free. This was out of a catalogue, Radio Times I think.
They are available in "The Original Gift Company" Christmas catalogue,but at £14.95 each. the web site is:
www.theoriginalgift.co.uk
Hope this helps.
historian :thumb:

Reaction score
Been having a little look around the tinternet about torches since Ian first posted this thread. I have just come across this site and it looks pretty good. The Torch Shop :thumb::thumb:

Ask a Question