Uk Bank

Reaction score
This make me sick that the taxpayer is paying these bank.

50billion pounds from taxpayer money to these scumbag.

What about are help with gas bills going thought the roof. Nothing is done there for poor income familys.

Never in my life will i vote these scumbag we called goverment.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Much as it leaves a sour taste in the mouth - there isn't much else they can do.....if the UK banking system goes down the pan then so does the economy as a whole and all the businesses that employ people etc etc.

What would be interesting when the crisis is over and all these banks start making billions in profits again, is whether the government of the day then makes a 'windfall' charge on them to get the money back plus interest for getting them out the sh*t.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
The most annoying thing about all this is that the fat cat executives who have caused the banking problems by gross mismanagement will not suffer at all. They will still get their huge pay-offs and redundancy packages. The former chief of Lehman Brothers gets to keep his $480 million whilst the employees and the shareholders get nothing. Same with the chief at Northern Rock only the figures are smaller.

It's totally obscene. Executives at companies that fail should get nothing - in every other walk of life if you fail you lose. That's called responsibility but it doesn't apply to these people. The people down the chain who have worked their socks off and done nothing wrong end up with no job.

Life is never fair. :mad: As Ady says if they don't cover the banks then everyone stands to lose.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Looking back on life, maybe I shouldn't have chosen a profession I fancied, I should have entered the financial market - looks like a win/win situation to me.

Actually, no, I couldn't do that, I'd have to shower three times a day to get rid of the smell.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Heads they win, tails you lose!

There's no easy way out of this one, but like Ady says, we'd all be miles worse off if the UK banking system failed. I find the bonuses some bankers have been walking away with disgusting, and don't know how they can sleep at night - but if we don't bail them out then we're even more screwed. :eek:

Reaction score
Got friends in the City who are going about business as normal.
1987 was a bad year, but things are not as bad as those times, yet.
But what goes down goes back up!!

Just would like house prices to fall, 1 bedroom flat today in Croydon £160k.
Sadly people will be trapped in negative equity very soon!
As for selling a house at the moment a local estate agent has sold 1 house in the last 2 weeks!

Ask a Question