ubisoft Anno 1404 activation failure

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I was looking forward to this game, finally released on the 26th, I bought it from Ubisoft direct download, feckin expensive too, it will not activate. :mad:

You have three strikes, then you're out. :confused: I'm out. :wall:

If I had known before I bought it that the "DRM" was going to be so restrictive to start with, even if it did work first time, I doubt whether I would have bought the game.

I also remember, now my brain has been refreshed, who's game didn't work with Vista because of "copy protection" and the OS thinking it was a virus. :rolleyes:

Why why why do these people alienate their customers in such draconian ways?

I bought the game yesterday, Friday 2pm, and I still can't play it. :wall:

I have phoned, using an 0870 and have had my "problem" escalated to email ... :confused: :mad: :lol: :rolleyes:

I'm still waiting.

:(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, it's almost as if they encourage piracy whilst frowning down their nose at their customers - their very lifeblood.

I've had two instances of software becoming redundant on me lately, on both occasions where the parent company has gone bust.

The first was for converting regular movie files to a format suitable for i-Pod, it was named 'DVD2Pod' and cost me a tenner from PC World.

Following a fresh install (this is over a year ago) I installed the software and it went through the online registartion process. Whilst the company no longer exists their registration database does. It noted I had already registered and promptly accused me of piracy.

One coaster resulted.

I do have other software to perform this task thankfully.

The other one was a game, The Longest Journey 2, almost the same scenario except it just won't activate at all. Their parent company went bust little more than a month ago.

Infuriating.

Reaction score
Thats a shame. The longest journey 2 was fantastic. I really enjoyed that a few years ago

In a case like that i be severly tempted to play using the nocd exe.

As for Anoo1404 ive just seen the screenshots. It looks fantastic. No the type of game I play but it does look visually stunning

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Thats a shame. The longest journey 2 was fantastic. I really enjoyed that a few years ago

In a case like that i be severly tempted to play using the nocd exe.

I've no problem using the no-cd cracks. They're there, I buy the game, just saves loading the Disc in. I don't really know if they're legal or not but morally I don't consider I'm doing anything wrong.

In the case of The Longest Journey 2 I don't think it would even load, can't remember now.

I shall try it again, maybe I overlooked the no-cd solution. It wasn't that long ago I tried, I bought LJ1 & LJ2 as part of a box set, #1 is playing fine, different publisher.

:eek: Bloody hell!! :eek: The loudest thunder I think I've ever heard in my life has just gone off and raindrops the size of saucers are falling.

PS: I actually bought the LJ games ages ago, have been playing LJ1 on and off since, just got round to loading LJ2 on a whim - one week after they went bust :D

I sold the original stand alone LJ2 to Taffycat I believe.

muckshifter

Reaction score
I don't need any no-cd hacking, it was a direct download, though I do see in the "help" file that the CD is supposed to be in the draw to play ... I just can't get to play, not yet activated, and, looks like everyone at Unisoft are on holiday, or off for the weekend. :rolleyes:

I have uninstalled the "game" and I'll insist on me money back. Not very happy at all. :(

It is my type of game, but I don't like throwing good money away.

Keep your thunder down there, I'm in a dark enough of a mood already. ;)

:user:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I sold the original stand alone LJ2 to Taffycat I believe.

No Mr Flopps, 'twern't I, must have been another moggie ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad I saw this thread Mucks, as I was considering getting this game. Anno 1602 was one of my favourites. Bit of a shame about this one :(

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Glad I saw this thread Mucks, as I was considering getting this game. Anno 1602 was one of my favourites. Bit of a shame about this one :(
Oh, don't let me stop you from trying this game out, just make sure you read up on the anti-crap-copyware first.

;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
I decided to have another try before once again using the 0870 # ... blow me down with a feather, it works. :eek:

I have no idea why, 'cos I ain't had any response from "them" all weekend. :rolleyes:

Very nice graphics. :nod:

:wave:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
At least it works now :D

I've just had a look and it's on Steam for £34.99, or I can buy it from the shops for £24.99 :confused: You'd think it should be cheaper when they don't need to provide a DVD, Case and manual (or even ship it/cover retail markup!).

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
At least it works now :D

I've just had a look and it's on Steam for £34.99, or I can buy it from the shops for £24.99 :confused: You'd think it should be cheaper when they don't need to provide a DVD, Case and manual (or even ship it/cover retail markup!).
err, now you see why I was a little annoyed. ;)

Is it time for bed already. :eek: :lol:

oh, you do get a manual, but you can't print it out. :rolleyes:

Save yourself a tenner and get a printed manual. :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I take it your enjoying it then Muck's..Looks at watch and also thinks its time for bed..:nod: :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
I take it your enjoying it then Muck's..Looks at watch and also thinks its time for bed..
nod.gif
:D
Yep :nod:

... I must go shopping before loading the game.

:lol:

Ask a Question