two sets of personal folders

Reaction score
Hello, new here. Got into some diffculties yesterday trying to export personal address book to Outlook Express - never succeeded though don't know why, but in the end decided to allow Outlook to reset to default settings.
What that appears to mean is that it sets you up again as a new user - I had to put my e-mail details in again - so that you have a brand new set of personal folders, but your old folders are still there, lower down in the panel.

So now I have an 'old' inbox and a 'new' inbox, an 'old' sent folder and a 'new' sent folder, etc.
I can copy all the files in the old folder to the same name new folder, that's fine, but I can't find out how to delete the now empty and redundant 'old' folders. Can you help please?

Reaction score
ahh! I think I may have found the answer. I transferred all the files and my own created personal folders to the new profile, and made sure all the old ones were empty, and then right clicked to get the menu up to see what else I might be able to do, and then saw a command which I had not seen before which said 'close personal folders', so I highlighted and clicked on that and voila! the old set of folders disappeared. Happy me. Thank you anyway :)

Ask a Question