Two problems, one new, one old

lax.ca

#1: Quicktime is the default player for movies in Internet Explorer. I want
to use WMP. In Windows, QT is not associated with any file types other than
Quicktime. In Quicktime, it isn't associated with anything other than
Quicktime. WMP is associated with everything.

But for some reason, let's say I'm going to watch an MPG movie on a webpage,
it brings up Quicktime. How to make it WMP?

#2: I asked this before, but the answer was wrong. My toolbar was set to
large icons, show text. After installing ActiveSync, the spacing between my
IE toolbar buttons widened. Changing the buttons from large to small or
showing/not showing text labels make no difference. In EVERY SINGLE VIEW,
the icons are now spaced really far apart.

I want to restore them to how they were before, tightly tracked next to each
other. Now I have buttons off of my screen because there are too many to
fit.

PS, if you are going to answer this, don't tell me to go back and change
them from large to small. Realise what I am saying: When ActiveSync added a
new toolbar button in IE, it messed the toolbar up by adding massive amounts
of space between every button.

Jan Il

Hi :)

You failed to provide information on which version of Windows you are using,
but, for this one, try doing the following:

For XP:

Go to Control Panel>Display>Appearance tab>
At the bottom of the dialog box there is a window for Fonts
Check to see if that is set to Medium or Large>set to Medium

If that does not resolve it, the select Advanced on the Appearance tab
Check in the window for Item, and scroll down to Menu and highlight it
The Fonts window underneath should then light up and you can set the Font to
whatever type or size you want. You may have to spend a few minutes working
with it until you find the size that will give you what you want.

For Windows 2000 and ME:

Look in the Display in the Control Panel and click the Appearance
tab.......then go from there.

Hope this helps :)

Jan :)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

lax.ca

Hello, Jan!
You wrote on Wed, 9 Mar 2005 04:16:59 -0500:

Yeah, no go...it's XP with IE6, but the problem is only with XP.

There's nothing in Display|Appearance that did the IE toolbar...

JI> You failed to provide information on which version of Windows you are
JI> using, but, for this one, try doing the following:

JI> For XP:

JI> Go to Control Panel>Display>Appearance tab>
JI> At the bottom of the dialog box there is a window for Fonts
JI> Check to see if that is set to Medium or Large>set to Medium

JI> If that does not resolve it, the select Advanced on the Appearance tab
JI> Check in the window for Item, and scroll down to Menu and highlight it
JI> The Fonts window underneath should then light up and you can set the
JI> Font to whatever type or size you want. You may have to spend a few
JI> minutes working with it until you find the size that will give you what
JI> you want.

JI> For Windows 2000 and ME:

JI> Look in the Display in the Control Panel and click the Appearance
JI> tab.......then go from there.

JI> Hope this helps :)

JI> Jan :)
JI> Smiles are meant to be shared,
JI> that's why they're so contagious.

JI> Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other
JI> readers. How to make a good newsgroup post:
JI> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

??>> #2: I asked this before, but the answer was wrong. My toolbar was set
??>> to large icons, show text. After installing ActiveSync, the spacing
??>> between my IE toolbar buttons widened. Changing the buttons from large
??>> to small or showing/not showing text labels make no difference. In
??>> EVERY SINGLE VIEW, the icons are now spaced really far apart.
??>>
??>> I want to restore them to how they were before, tightly tracked next
??>> to each other. Now I have buttons off of my screen because there are
??>> too many to fit.
??>>
??>> PS, if you are going to answer this, don't tell me to go back and
??>> change them from large to small. Realise what I am saying: When
ActiveSync
??>> added a new toolbar button in IE, it messed the toolbar up by adding
??>> massive amounts of space between every button.

With best regards, lax.ca. E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Jan Il

Hi lax.ca :)

"> Hello, Jan!
You wrote on Wed, 9 Mar 2005 04:16:59 -0500:

Yeah, no go...it's XP with IE6, but the problem is only with XP.

There's nothing in Display|Appearance that did the IE toolbar...

Did you go into the Advanced button? I have XP Pro, and I can select and
change the font size for the menu and other text sizes in IE from there.

Also, It could be that is it not related to IE at all. Close IE, try
uninstalling ActiveSync toolbar, open IE and see if they fonts return to
normal. If so, then go to View on the IE toolbar>Text and select Small. Then
reinstall the ActiveSync toolbar and see what happens.

Additionally, have you tried contacting the folks at the website for the
program, to see if they have any suggestions on how to adjust the text or
icons on their end? There does not appear to be a forum available now, and
the support seems to be unavailable as well, but, there is a contact page
that you might be able to use to ask about the font size and any
adjustments. http://micrologics.co.uk/contactus/