Turown H

P4,1400,
Win ME

After some eratic behaviour,
AVG found two Trojans,one was succesfully
removed,but the above named persists,
Have tried,
Spy bot,
CW shredder,
Ad Aware,
Housecall,
TDS3,
Spy shreder
& Avast, most failed to detect the bug,
AVG still reports it,

and system Restore cannot be
enabled or disabled,which seems to hamper removal
of the bug.

Have searched for any strange .exe files but
nothing obvious shows up.
Googled for hours,
looks like a Re-format soon.
T.I.A. for constructive replies.

madmax

S said:
P4,1400,
Win ME

After some eratic behaviour,
AVG found two Trojans,one was succesfully
removed,but the above named persists,
Have tried,
Spy bot,
CW shredder,
Ad Aware,
Housecall,
TDS3,
Spy shreder
& Avast, most failed to detect the bug,
AVG still reports it,

and system Restore cannot be
enabled or disabled,which seems to hamper removal
of the bug.

Have searched for any strange .exe files but
nothing obvious shows up.
Googled for hours,
looks like a Re-format soon.
T.I.A. for constructive replies.
Did you try in safe mode?
-max

--
Programs that I use and recommend (all are free)
Many thanks to all the people who make these fine products!
Spybot Search and Destroy 1.3
http://www.safer-networking.org/
Spyware Blaster
Spyware Guard
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html
Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Sygate Personal Firewall
http://soho.sygate.com/products/spf_standard.htm
Avast! For Home
Eraser 5.3
http://www.tolvanen.com/eraser/
CwShredder
HijackThis
http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html
Thunderbird
Firefox

This message is virus free as far I can tell
Change nomail.afraid.org to neo.rr.com so you can reply
Use in Usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

madmax

madmax said:
Did you try in safe mode?
-max
Did you try hijack this?
download it,run,and post in the forum,they can help you
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30198
-max

--
[...]

"Jason Wade"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
[ snippedy do-dah ]
Have tried,
Spy bot,
CW shredder,
Ad Aware,
[ chomp ]

Did you update spybot s&d and adaware before you
used them?

Thanks for the replies,I may try hijack this,but
probably re-format,as it seems less fuss.
All software is up to date,and safe mode was used.
Cheers.

Top