Trying to Delete a Folder, Can't

Carl

Hello, I am having a problem with deleting a folder that
I created and no longer wish to keep.

I have removed all contents and when I try to delete it,
I get an error message that says, "Cannot delte (Folder
Name):It is being used by another person or program.
Close any programs that might be using the file and try
again."

There is no other person using the computer, and no other
programs are open.

Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of this folder?
BTW, I cannot move it either, as I get the same error
message. Thank you for any assistance anyone can lend on
this problem.

Carl

derek ainsbury

Taurarian said:
Hi Carl, see these links:

Can't Delete a File or Folder in XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm#del"

http://tinyurl.com/23qph
You Cannot Delete a File or a Folder

http://tinyurl.com/yjlfyf
You Receive an "Access Denied" Error Message When You Delete Folders
from a
Mounted Drive

"Carl" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message
Hello, I am having a problem with deleting a folder that
I created and no longer wish to keep.

I have removed all contents and when I try to delete it,
I get an error message that says, "Cannot delte (Folder
Name):It is being used by another person or program.
Close any programs that might be using the file and try
again."

There is no other person using the computer, and no other
programs are open.

Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of this folder?
BTW, I cannot move it either, as I get the same error
message. Thank you for any assistance anyone can lend on
this problem.

Carl

i had the same problem with an audio file i tried several ways listed
on this forum but none worked so what i tried was pure chance i created
a complete new user in the control panel under user accounts be sure you
are logged on as administrator 1st set up new account as admin account
also now log off the account with bad file and sign in as new account
go to my computer documents and settings and then to the folder file
with bad file in now drag this file on to the desktop of the new user
account now log off sign in as old user and then go back to the control
panel and delete the accont you just set up but be sure not to save the
files as you have no files to save and the only files there are the bad
1s