Trouble With Newly built PC

Reaction score
I have the following in my PC:
Intel Motherboard DG965WH
Intel E660
E-GeForce 8600 GTS
C: Western Digital 160GB Sata
D: Western Digital 230GB Sata

I've been getting a couple Error messages over the last few weeks.
The most common seems to be IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

or

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
stop 0x0000001A

OR

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA
stop 0x00000050 (0xff86b114, 0x00000000, 0xbr8011a3, 0x000000000)
WIN32K.SYS - ADDRESS BF8011A3 BASE AT BF80000

I have no idea where these error messages could be coming from. My best guess is my Graphics card. When I plug it into my TV via s-video I cant seem to get any color, it only displays in black and white. Does anybody know what I should do? thanks!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Welcome.
happywave.gif

Run Memtest, you can find a link for it in my sticky here. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Shennessy11 said:
I have no idea where these error messages could be coming from. My best guess is my Graphics card. When I plug it into my TV via s-video I cant seem to get any color, it only displays in black and white. Does anybody know what I should do? thanks!
Thats probably to do with the settings in the control panel. i get that when i install new drivers and forget to save my settings, will just have a quick look and tell you what it should be set to...

Reaction score
The website told me to check the settings on the memory so i went in the bios setting and changed it from 5-5-5-15 to
4-4-4-12 (which is what my memory said on the cover) Now, nothing is displaying on the monitor, sometimes it wont even turn on the monitor.

I have Patriot Memory 2 x 1 GB DDR

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What voltage is the RAM set to? Auto? Got a link to the ram specs? :)

Have you ran mentest?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Shennessy11 said:
I tried to run mem test but it froze twice on test 5
Well that shouldn't do that, did it show errors? Did you run it from a floppy disk? If you can, try the ram in another pc.

I is off to bed now but will continue this tomorrow.

Can you post a screenshot of CPUZ, the SPD and memory tabs please. You can find that in my sticky as linked above. :)

Reaction score
It didnt show any errors through test 5, Yes I ran it from a floppy disk.

I would post a screen shot but right now it wont display anything on the monitor. the light on the monitor is orange and it displays "No Signal" when i turn it on....

Reaction score
alright, i switched around the jumper block and reset the bios, then ran memtest and it found no errors

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
That BSOD is usually caused by a device with the wrong driver
download the latest mobo and graphic card drivers and reinstall em

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
Shennessy11 said:
just found this on the intel site about my board http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/ddr2/index.htm
my memory runs at 2.2v, could this be causing the problem?

Could well be the problem.

I'd go to the memory manufacturers site and try to ascertain if the memory you have covers your motherboard application.

Or the motherboard maker will often list what memory is compatible if it doesn't specify it in your motherboard manual.

Reaction score
It seems to me that the memory error that is being displayed is refering to one of your fixed drives.Perhaps there is an error in the configuration.

Ask a Question