trouble receiving mail

jayne

hi oh computer smart ones!!

am hoping anyone can help with my problem - i have 53 unread messages
because when i hit 'send and receive' i get the first 13 then it stops
completely and wont give me any more messages....i get this error msg:

Message number 13 could not be retrieved. Account: 'mail.three.com.au',
Server: 'mail.three.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: 'No virus found
in this incoming message.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD

i have tried turning off firewalls, uninstalling Norton - and cant get
anything happening - your help greatly appreciated!!

Cheers
jayne

mac

jayne said:
hi oh computer smart ones!!

am hoping anyone can help with my problem - i have 53 unread messages
because when i hit 'send and receive' i get the first 13 then it stops
completely and wont give me any more messages....i get this error msg:

Message number 13 could not be retrieved. Account: 'mail.three.com.au',
Server: 'mail.three.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: 'No virus
found
in this incoming message.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD

i have tried turning off firewalls, uninstalling Norton - and cant get
anything happening - your help greatly appreciated!!

Cheers
jayne

Hi Jayne, log in here https://webmail.three.com.au/ with your account
details.
You may have a very large or corrupt mail on the server?
Either delete or move messages to another folder until you are able to get
WM to sync.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

That symptom indicates a 'stuck' email on the server.
Log in via webmail (using your browser), sort the messages there by date,
delete all the older ones you've already downloaded, plus one more.
Then try Windows Mail again.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)