Transparent Desktop calendar?

Thomas Friebe

Hi folks,

during my last check of the newsgroup by today I found by chance a
link to a transparent desktop calendar next to another program

Unfortunately, this freeware version offers its possibilities only
with its own background pictures.

I would like to know, whether there is a freeware calendar
existing, which transparency can be adjusted and which runs as
stand alone program. After some research I guess, it is necessary
to mention that my computer still runs with Win 98, so i.e.
reinlendar (available under http://www.rainlendar.net) doesn't
work as I expected.

Any hints would be highly appreciated.

Ciao sagt
Thomas Friebe

Thomas Friebe

kenny ([email protected]) wrote on 09 Okt 2005 in alt.comp.freeware:
perhaps you can look into www.konfabulator.com and look for a
widget that has this...
I have one on my pc like that....

all is free

Kenny www.computerboom.com

Unfortunately, the konfabulator runs under Win2k and up, only.

Moreover, it seems a bit much requirement of disk space to me to
install a 9 Mb program for just a desktop calendar.

Another calendar could be under www.midasmedia.de in German, but
this program is not transparent under Win 98...

Ciao sagt
Thomas Friebe

kenneth marken

Thomas said:
Hi folks,

during my last check of the newsgroup by today I found by chance a
link to a transparent desktop calendar next to another program

Unfortunately, this freeware version offers its possibilities only
with its own background pictures.

I would like to know, whether there is a freeware calendar
existing, which transparency can be adjusted and which runs as
stand alone program. After some research I guess, it is necessary
to mention that my computer still runs with Win 98, so i.e.
reinlendar (available under http://www.rainlendar.net) doesn't
work as I expected.

its freeware, i think it should run under win98, but i dont know if it
fills the definition of stand-alone.

www.samurize.com

and then go grab the visualplugincalendar from the plugin list.

its a bit more work to set up then a existing calendar but i belive you
will like the end result.

Thomas Friebe

kenneth marken ([email protected]) wrote on 09 Okt 2005 in
alt.comp.freeware:

Hello Kenneth,

sorry, but right at the start page of their website they mention,
the program runs under Win2k an XP. Nothing shown about Win 98.

Anyway, the calendars look quite nice, plenty of variations are
available. Thanks for the link.

BTW: I found another one, which is unfortunately once again
Shareware, but maybe worth to have a look:
http://www.xemico.com/adc/index.html.

Please don't blame that this is shareware, at least it runs under
Win 98 as I expected and shall stand here as example, only.

kenneth marken

Thomas said:
kenneth marken ([email protected]) wrote on 09 Okt 2005 in
alt.comp.freeware:

Hello Kenneth,

sorry, but right at the start page of their website they mention,
the program runs under Win2k an XP. Nothing shown about Win 98.

ah, sorry about that. all to used to running win2k and never checking
what stuff needs :(

David

kenny ([email protected]) wrote on 09 Okt 2005 in alt.comp.freeware:

Unfortunately, the konfabulator runs under Win2k and up, only.

Moreover, it seems a bit much requirement of disk space to me to
install a 9 Mb program for just a desktop calendar.

Another calendar could be under www.midasmedia.de in German, but
this program is not transparent under Win 98...

Ciao sagt
Thomas Friebe

ESCO Wallpaper Changer. I'm sorry I do not have a URL but it was
mentioned on this group a couple of months back. Shows six months at a
time. Two months previous, current and three months in advance. Curent
date is highlighted. Transparency and colours are user-options.

Thomas Friebe

David ([email protected]) wrote on 09 Okt 2005 in
alt.comp.freeware:
ESCO Wallpaper Changer. I'm sorry I do not have a URL but it was
mentioned on this group a couple of months back. Shows six
months at a time. Two months previous, current and three months
in advance. Curent date is highlighted. Transparency and
colours are user-options.

Hello David!

Great stuff, that's what I'm looking for!

Had to try a bit via Google, but after a few dead links I found it
under http://aegorov.tripod.com/files/.

Thanks a lot for your support! And best regards to down under!

Ciao sagt
Thomas Friebe

Susan Bugher

Thomas said:
Had to try a bit via Google, but after a few dead links I found it
under http://aegorov.tripod.com/files/.

<shameless plug>

Google the ACF web pages - they show home pages. (The search link is on
ALL ACF/Pricelessware web pages.) In this case:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_GRAPHICS.php#3973

Program: ESCO Wallpaper Changer
Author: Alexandre Egorov
Ware: (Freeware)