Transparent boxes print solid (opaque)

Dianah

I added some transparent boxes on top of a 2-page instructional document,
however, when I print, the transparent boxes are printing solid, blocking
out what's underneath. I tried on two printers ... same behaviour.

Is there a setting or is this transparency only usable for screen viewing?
Thanks in advance. Diana

TF

Right-click the box and select Grouping, Send Behind Text.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:
: Is there a setting or is this transparency only usable for screen viewing?
: Thanks in advance. Diana
:
:

Dianah

Thanks Terry,
I'm not sure that in this case that will work. The box with the
transparency is a text box. I simply wanted it to show up a tad more by
applying a transparent colour ... the fill for the text box.
However, while this is being sent to the newsgroup, I'll simply try to
group, then print and see if that help.s
Thanks.

TF

If I place an empty Text Box over text (with or without transparency), it
conceals the text until I send it behind the text. Maybe printer driver is
an issue here?

Terry

: "TF" <terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom> wrote in message
: : > Right-click the box and select Grouping, Send Behind Text.
: >
: > --
: > Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: > http://word.mvps.org/
: >
: > : > : I added some transparent boxes on top of a 2-page instructional
: document,
: > : however, when I print, the transparent boxes are printing solid,
: blocking
: > : out what's underneath. I tried on two printers ... same behaviour.
: > :
: > : Is there a setting or is this transparency only usable for screen
: viewing?
: > : Thanks in advance. Diana
: > :
: > :
: >
: >
:
:

Dianah

Terry, I must be missing something.
If I send it to the back, it'll be obstructed by a larger opaque screen
capture ... then it won't print at all, because it won't be visible.
Diana

Dianah

Hi Terry,
I sent it "behind text" and it's obstructed by the image that it was
supposed to sit on top of, so I'm afraid that's not the answer.
If you have another suggestion, bring it on. I tried it on three printers
a(two totally different lasers [one laser colour and one laser, that's just
black] and one inkjet), so I can't say that I suspect it's a driver issue.

Boooooooooooo.
Diana

TF

Would you like to zip it up and send it to me as an attachment to an email?
My email address will copy and paste into the send box OK (it is just a
simple disguise that Windows can read by spammers scanners cannot).

[...]

: > : >
: > : > --
: > : > Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: > : > http://word.mvps.org/
: > : >
: > : > : > : > : I added some transparent boxes on top of a 2-page instructional
: > : document,
: > : > : however, when I print, the transparent boxes are printing solid,
: > : blocking
: > : > : out what's underneath. I tried on two printers ... same
behaviour.
: > : > :
: > : > : Is there a setting or is this transparency only usable for screen
: > : viewing?
: > : > : Thanks in advance. Diana
: > : > :
: > : > :
: > : >
: > : >
: > :
: > :
: >
: >
:
:

Dianah

I'd be happy to send it to you, but my universal decoder seems to be
malfunctioning. Can you provide a more obvious hint for your email. I
assume percents are non-characters, and that perhaps the numbers are either
real or represent characters. Thanks.
My email (used for this) is non-existant as well ... also to protect from
spammers, else I can send mine with some code thrown into the mix.

By the way, in case it helps you to know this ... I can "print" to pdf and
there is no black background, but unfortunately, when I do that, I lose the
email hyperlinks and I'd prefer to keep them because this is a membership
listing.

Thanks
Diana

TF said:
[...]

Just copy and paste the address into the 'To...' box of Outlook or Outlook
Express. They can read the format.

Terry

[...]
: > : > : >
: > : > : > --
: > : > : > Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: > : > : > http://word.mvps.org/
: > : > : > : > : > : > : I added some transparent boxes on top of a 2-page
instructional
: > : > : document,
: > : > : > : however, when I print, the transparent boxes are printing
solid,
: > : > : blocking
: > : > : > : out what's underneath. I tried on two printers ... same
: > behaviour.