Transferring outlook from one pc to another

Excel

I'd like to transfer my outlook files from one PC to another. What is
the correct way to do this? I want to transfer my messages, contacts,
rules, etc. I want my reminders to still be there. I don't want to
get duplicate emails nor reminders. I do know how to transfer the PST
file. however, last time I did that, I:
1) lost my email signatures
2) lost my rules
3) got duplicates of many emails
4) lost all of my overdue reminders
5) got duplicates of the reminders with alarm times after the transfer
to the new PC.
....and surely more hassles that I don't even remember or haven't
noticed yet.

So, in short -there's clearly more to moving Outlook from one PC to
another than transferring the pst file. What are the proper steps?
I'm on XP-Pro and Outlook 2007

DL

Of course I now realise you posted this Q yesterday & it was responded to

message

Excel

Of course I now realise you posted this Q yesterday & it was responded to

message

I accidentally posted the question twice. Sorry about that. I posted
it-- using groups.google.com, but it didn't show up until at least 5
days later. So, I reposted it -- and they both showed up eventually.
(Sorry)