Tracking emails that are not From the Contact

T

Tim Wiens

What are the options for linking or attaching an email to a Contact? I am very familiar with the practice of filling in the email address in a Contact and then going to Activities tab to see emails that are linked to the Contact by the email address. But I have 2 scenarios where this doesn't get the job done for me. One is when someone fills out a contact form on one of our websites. In this case the email that comes in has a From address that is from the website, not the contact. The second scenario is when a contact has more than 3 email addresses or has changed it several times. I've overcome this in a few instances by dragging the email into the comments section of the General tab, but I would really like a solution that allows me to see these emails in the Activities tab along with all their other emails. TIA

Outlook XP

T

Tim Wiens

I was able to come up with a partial solution myself. If I Export the emails to Excel, I can change the From address to whatever I want and then Import the email back into Outlook. This works, except that none of the timestamps (Sent, Received, Modified) are available for Import or Export. So now I would have no way of sorting the emails in any date order.

Anyone know how to Import/Export emails with the timestamps? TIA

Ask a Question