Toshiba Laptop

Reaction score
Hi Folks

A friend of mine owns a Toshiba Satalite SA40-702 Laptop, Unfortunatly she didnt get the recovery CD's with it.

I was wondering if any of you very helpfull PC Review guys could help her out.

I have looked all over and cannot find anything.

Thanks

Reaction score
Microsoft Win XP Home SP2B OEM quicklinx: 44RXWS mfr#: N09-01991 £60.44 inc vat from www.dabs.com
Anything else like a copied version of Windows would be illegal and break the rules of the site, sorry.

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
I think I'm right in saying that if the machine has a CoA stuck to it she can borrow a Windows disk and load it, then change the serial number. Microsoft provides info on number changing in their knowledge base.

Covenant

PS but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not trying to promote illegal software use.

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Covenant said:
I think I'm right in saying that if the machine has a CoA stuck to it she can borrow a Windows disk and load it, then change the serial number. Microsoft provides info on number changing in their knowledge base.

Covenant

PS but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not trying to promote illegal software use.
Not wrong, or illegal ... but not quite right.

If you have a sticker, and everybody should ... then just type in that number, simple as that ... but use a Home CD for Home & Pro for Pro, it don't matter who's CD ... the code on the sticker is what makes it all legal. ;)

user.gif

Ask a Question