Toshiba is selling bad laptops

Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

Consumer law in most countries dictates that the customer should ask about
his/her rights when buying a product.. if the prospective customer fails to
do that, and the store also fails to make the rights available, then so be
it..

We all think that a new computer is in order, but what we would like and
what we get are to different things..

As it stands for the OP, he can leave the computer the way it is and join a
group trying to get a lawsuit in motion, or get it fixed and join a group
trying to get a lawsuit in motion.. his call..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

Mike Hall (MS-MVP) said:
Consumer law in most countries dictates that the customer should ask about
his/her rights when buying a product.. if the prospective customer fails to
do that, and the store also fails to make the rights available, then so be
it..

We all think that a new computer is in order, but what we would like and
what we get are to different things..

they know those computers are not in order and keep selling lots
As it stands for the OP, he can leave the computer the way it is and join a
group trying to get a lawsuit in motion, or get it fixed and join a group
trying to get a lawsuit in motion.. his call..

wouldn't recommend that, a friend of mine have sent his three times to
repairing centers. still having the same problem.

Alejandro Penate-Diaz

yes , inside the box there's nothing like: "NOTICE, PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE
USING YOU LAPTOP OR YOU MAY LOOSE YOUR JOB SUDDENLY"

Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

I would have thought that failure by a Toshiba Service Center to cure a
problem would help in any claim against Toshiba..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

Jim Macklin

Caveat Emptor

message | Consumer law in most countries dictates that the customer

wrote in message
| | >I had the same problem so I understand how you feel.
obviously they are not
| > in our situation...though they seem to know a lot about
it ;-).
| > don't give up and keep pushing , you deserve a new
computer

| > "Alejandro Penate-Diaz" wrote:
| >
| >> hey, does anybody knows about Toshiba A75 model?
| >> I just bought one and started rebooting itself and
freezeing at random
| >> times. BestBuy return policy only covers 14 days.
Toshiba send customers
| >> repairing centers, to repair new computers! There is a
class action suite

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=90243&messageID=1014188

| >> I dont know what to do other than join them!
| >>
| >> Regards,
| >> Alejandro Penate-Diaz.
| >> MCP

Galen

In Mike Hall (MS-MVP) <[email protected]> had this to say:

I would have thought that failure by a Toshiba Service Center to cure
a problem would help in any claim against Toshiba..

Speaking from a legal standpoint a claim against Toshiba for faulty hardware
that they'd fixed prior to the claim would have a greater standing in court
in America.You are correct Mike and this is something that the OP needs to
realize. They're already out $XXXX and now if they join the lawsuit without
opting to use the warranty while it's in place they'll get a broken laptop
with $XX amount of recompense. That's it...

Galen

DevilsPGD

In message <[email protected]> "Mike Hall
\(MS-MVP\) said:
I would have thought that failure by a Toshiba Service Center to cure a
problem would help in any claim against Toshiba..

Most definitely. And failure to take the manufacturer up on and offer
to fix the problem will probably get the case tossed out of court should
the you decide to go after the manufacturer.