torrent sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What do people think of these torrent sites going down?

I know alot of sites are going down fast today.

Not all are breaking the law , i used to go on a site called torrent spy.

Funny they don,t even host any torrent but link you to them.

I will never used limewire because of the fakes and the virus, i can,t even get a patch without a virus.

Reaction score
Torrent was poo. It dont surprise me they being closed down they had no use anyway and they always relied on how many people was online to supply a steady speed. As time went by less and less people used them resulting in speed plummeting. Lots of stuff on there was illegal by some great shareware and stuff was available too.

Never mind

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Talk about a can of worms...!! Pirate bay is probs the most famous site there is , they guide you to illicit or legit downloads ..they only escape prosecution as they are only a search engine ..like google..

so should Google be shut down as it contains illicit sites ???

Reaction score
Rush said:
Talk about a can of worms...!! Pirate bay is probs the most famous site there is , they guide you to illicit or legit downloads ..they only escape prosecution as they are only a search engine ..like google..

so should Google be shut down as it contains illicit sites ???

A fair point :thumb:

But since its the users choice to go on them, surely its the user who should be "blamed" (if anyone/thing is to be blamed/punished).

Just don't click on the bad stuff :D

user.gif

Last edited:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Interestingly I had nothing but trouble from bit torrent (won't touch it now) & yet never got any nasties off Limewire. Maybe because I always use the mac when downloading?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I think that it is disgusting that large companies like ,

SONY

Twentieth Century Fox

EMI

Ubisoft

Paramount

etc etc , are "allowed" to use illegal strong arm tactics against companies . Trying to ruin their buisness's and forcing them to cease operation . It may be that some torrents are in fact illegal reproductions of copyrighted material but companies like Demonoid and the Pirate Bay do not host any torrents so are doing nothing illegal .If these and similar companies are forced to close down due to illegal bullying techniques then we will no longer be living in a free society . I'm glad to read that the Pirate Bay is fighting back and I hope that they win .

http://www.zeropaid.com/news/9018/Pirate+Bay+Goes+After+Music+and+Film+Industry/

:p:D

Reaction score
And a lot of torrent sites coming up, mostly they archive links and never store any illegal stuffs as mentioned in their terms.

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
I think that it is disgusting that large companies like ,

SONY

Twentieth Century Fox

EMI

Ubisoft

Paramount

etc etc , are "allowed" to use illegal strong arm tactics against companies . Trying to ruin their buisness's and forcing them to cease operation . It may be that some torrents are in fact illegal reproductions of copyrighted material but companies like Demonoid and the Pirate Bay do not host any torrents so are doing nothing illegal .If these and similar companies are forced to close down due to illegal bullying techniques then we will no longer be living in a free society . I'm glad to read that the Pirate Bay is fighting back and I hope that they win .

http://www.zeropaid.com/news/9018/Pirate+Bay+Goes+After+Music+and+Film+Industry/

:p:D

with you all the way on this comment.

Not all torrent site are illegal and torrent spy does,nt even host files same as demonoid or pirate bay.

Maybe if the uk goverment lower the tax over here people would,nt download these files.

I came arcoss one torrent for the bbc last of the summer wine and even the usa like watching it.

Does give people the chance to see shows never Broadcast around the world.

Try everywhere to find when steptoe met son for channel 4 could,nt find it. I even look on amazon uk,play,etc untill i came across a torrent with this on.

At last i could see this documentary on channel 4, so don,t hate all torrent some are good.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
michael555 said:
with you all the way on this comment.

Not all torrent site are illegal and torrent spy does,nt even host files same as demonoid or pirate bay.

Ok, first you say that not all the torrent sites are illegal, fair enough.

But then you appear to condone people downloading copyrighted - and therefore illegal - content, thus:

Maybe if the uk goverment lower the tax over here people would,nt download these files.

I came arcoss one torrent for the bbc last of the summer wine and even the usa like watching it.

I expect they do. However, those programs cost money to make and to download them illegally is actually theft. No matter how many moral arguments you might make, movies, music et al are sellable products, not freebies.

I don't wish to come on as squeaky clean here, I'm not, but I do represent this Forum and endeavour to keep it out of trouble with some of the larger corporations who may come down on us if we appear to support what they perceive as theft and piracy.

I use Limewire myself. As for Limewire being a high risk for viruses and malware, a user has to have a modicum of common sense. An exact match in the search panel for your mis-spelt search enquiry is a dead cert for a nasty, as is titles like 'Steven Spielberg gets prank phone call'. If you don't realise that's a nasty you almost deserve to get it.

Likewise, very small files purporting to be video footage or audio files are very likely a virus/malware.

Like I said, a little knowledge and common sense.

Anyway, as mentioned, this is a public Forum and as such is viewable by those who may wish to prosecute us if they see content which they believe is detrimental to their business.

And with that in mind, sorry, but I'm going to lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question