Tool to combine *.html into one

Man-wai Chang

Any such tool?

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. SINCERITY. http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\ (Ubuntu 5.10) Linux 2.6.16.5
^ ^ 11:55:01 up 3 days 1:51 load average: 1.24 1.05 1.02
news://news.3home.net news://news.hkpcug.org news://news.newsgroup.com.hk

Dave Turner

Notepad? ;)

File1.htm:
Text from file 1

File2.htm:
Text from file 2

Combined.htm:
Text from file 1
Text from file 2

Man-wai Chang

Dave said:

Cut-and-paste? Any smarter or magical way?

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. SINCERITY. http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\ (Ubuntu 5.10) Linux 2.6.16.5
^ ^ 18:00:02 up 3 days 7:56 load average: 2.39 2.45 2.51
news://news.3home.net news://news.hkpcug.org news://news.newsgroup.com.hk

Morten Skarstad

Man-wai Chang skrev:
Any such tool?

like a messy job to me.

Exactly what do you want do accomplish?

Dave Turner

Cut-and-paste? Any smarter or magical way?

Not without a program to automate the process, no, so unless you can find
one this is probably your only solution. But it's still very easy to do
htm file, then add <html><body> to the start of the final htm file and

Al Klein

htm file, then add <html><body> to the start of the final htm file and

You'd have to do that with all duplicated tags that shouldn't be
duplicated - <title>, most metatags, etc.

IOW, it's not a simple task to automate, but it's a trivial task to do
manually if you understand html.

Michael Laplante

Two suggestions:

1. HTMLDoc

Current version is payware, but previous versions were freeware. You'll have
to hunt for it. It will combine HTML files into new HTML files or into PDFs.

2. Notetab Lite

It has a built in scripting language. You could create a script to combine
the files then ave script run through the file to delete tags to make the
HTML "right" for the combined file.

FWIW, last year I did a simple experiment where I simply combined files
using a dos script.

The resulting files were all readable by my browsers. I'm sure the HTML
wasn't compliant, but browsers are pretty forgiving in that regard.

Susan Bugher

Michael said:
1. HTMLDoc

Current version is payware, but previous versions were freeware. You'll have
to hunt for it. It will combine HTML files into new HTML files or into PDFs.

Program: HTMLDOC
Company: Easy Software Products
W: LFW
Ware: (Liteware)(open source: GNU GPL) LFW (v 1.8.23)
ftp://ftp2.easysw.com/pub/htmldoc/1.8.23/htmldoc-1.8.23-winfree.exe

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware