Too Much !

Reaction score
feckit said:
Madx i have followed the thread, no one else has!:p

*Madx digs deeeeeeeeep hole and bury's head in it*

Suppose thats what you get for hijacking somebody elsess thread...And becasue that person is so good natured they haven't said owt..
.:p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Too Much To Drink? Um, no, Godammit

Too Much to eat? Nope, just right.

Too many late nights? No way, nodded out regularly.

Goddamn, I really am getting old :(

Kinda looking forward to playing sounds on New Years Eve though, I usually get rotten drunk and bombard the audience with heavy metal and sixties kitsch, hehe, some hate it, others think 'well, this must be the latest stuff' and appear to get off on it.

It's a funny old world :)

Reaction score
Looks a good place to have a pint.
nod.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
*Madx digs deeeeeeeeep hole and bury's head in it*

Suppose thats what you get for hijacking somebody elsess thread...And becasue that person is so good natured they haven't said owt..
.:p

Un-bury the head... for there was no hi-jack... Mr. Niv if you recall, had been busy with his hidden camera, and taken a shot of yours truly, reclining at ease on the kitchen floor...

nivrip said:
Could this thumbnail be TC this very morning?

Couldn't let that go without comment, now could I :rolleyes: So, yours truly duly responded, and a little light banter ensued, so technically, we were still on topic
:p

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Yes, I take full responsibility for changing the line of this thread. ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Oh. Oh. Oh. Did I ever feel delicate today. But not quite as bad now as I did first thing this morning.

Finished sounds at 1.30am, left pub at 2am after putting all the cables away ready for collection this morning. The evening went very well, kept everybody happy including all the twenty-somethings.

But, did not get off to a good start, my flashing light columns went bang. I'm not sure what caused it but it took out my mains distribution board fuse and the pub's circuit breaker.

I suspect either a faulty light sequencer, the most likely suspect, or a fractured mains cable. The sequencer sends the mains to the light boxes on a seven core cable and this is what happened to part of it, completely burnt out. But it happened whilst stationary, so seems quite odd, this section was about a metre from one end.

burnt_cable.jpg

I've fixed it now though. One spotlamp had blown but I don't think one bulb blowing would cause that damage. As for the sequencer, scorch marks inside and it looks as though several triacs have blown, I'll investigate that later. Fortunately I have a spare sequencer, though it's only a simple chaser, not as intricate as the one that's gone bang.

Did have two projectors and a strobe though so not all was lost.

Walked home along the Thames at 2.15am and it was actually very quiet, all the pubs had closed for the evening.

And to round off, not sure if this will be legible but here's the menu from the Trafalgar if you fancy dining there today. Some would say it's basic others would call it unimaginative. I did try the whitebait once, they were bloody horrible :lol: very fishy and greasy, but there again I'm not mad keen on fish.

TrafalgarMenu.jpg

And I thought I'd share this with you. Last night, to my right, were this couple.

Quite an odd couple. there was this blonde girl who all night long looked as though she was trying to seduce the guy she was with, she looked to be about 18 to 20 years old.

She was trying every trick in the book, nuzzling his neck, grinding her hips against him, letting cleavage show, the whole works.

But this guy, who only looks to be about fifteen, was either brain dead, had no libido or was Gay cos he just stood there with this big saddo expression on his face, he just didn't, er, rise to the bait.

Or maybe he was just plain scared :lol:

Have a look at the pix, I'm sure they speak volumes.

Twas one of the funniest things I've seen for a while, lol

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Have a look at the pix, I'm sure they speak volumes.

Twas one of the funniest things I've seen for a while, lol

erm you sure you're still nopt feeling the effects of last night../ There be no pics for us to look at.....:p
laughingsmiley.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
erm you sure you're still nopt feeling the effects of last night../ There be no pics for us to look at.....:p
laughingsmiley.gif

I can see them perfectly.

They're hosted at my other forum which is based in Dallas, USA. I've had this problem before with some members at PCRUK. Some can see them, others cannot. Odd.

I may rehost them on my Zen webspace, we shall see.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I can see them perfectly.

They're hosted at my other forum which is based in Dallas, USA. I've had this problem before with some members at PCRUK. Some can see them, others cannot. Odd.

I may rehost them on my Zen webspace, we shall see.

Really strange...I'm using FF3 to type this now and don't even see place holders for the pics...But in IE8 Beta and Safari I see the place holders but no images....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, try that.

I may change from Zen soon so unless I put them somewhere else, many of my images on the forum may be lost.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Ok, try that.

I may change from Zen soon so unless I put them somewhere else, many of my images on the forum may be lost.

Cool, can see them now...And as for the 15 year old...You lucky b*st*rd....lol...Although saying that I should be careful commenting, you never know how old she is....

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thanks Flopps, can see too :thumb: Aww, poor lad, he doesn't look happy, does he :lol: Looks like an engagement ring on her finger.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Not sure if he is fifteen actually. If you look, they're both sporting rings on their wedding fingers.

Still quite peculiar though, heehee

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Thanks Flopps, can see too :thumb: Aww, poor lad, he doesn't look happy, does he :lol: Looks like an engagement ring on her finger.

lol he looks scared sh*tless...and I thought I looked closely at the pics...lol obviously I didn't...I didn't pic up the ring....lol

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
...Or maybe...they're married to other people, and he's looking "uncomfortable" 'cos he's wondering if the guy with the camera (Flopps) is a private detective, hired by the missus. ;)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
and he's looking "uncomfortable" 'cos he's wondering if the guy with the camera (Flopps)

My thoughts exactly. Difficult to perform.......errr be natural when being photographed. ;)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
nivrip said:
Too much to drink?

Too much to eat?

Too many late nights?

Normality will now be restored - well, at least till New Year. :D

To get back to the original question - but now for New Year.

Did NOT overeat, was in bed by 1 A.M (getting old) and did not really overdrink. Did drink a bit more than usual but it was over several hours longer than usual. Felt reasonable on New Years morning and after a hearty breakfast and a walk round the city walls of York ( no-one around at all) felt back to normal by lunchtime and able to drive back home. :D

How did everyone else do?

Ask a Question