To show original recording dates of clips as titles in movie

G

Hi, Al
Video segments captured by Microsoft Movie Maker 2 from miniDV tape in Sony Handycam through firewire automatically use the original recording dates and times as filenames. I would like these filenames to appear as titles at the start of each segment of a movie. How can this be done without copying and pasting each filename manually? Dates and times of recordings are otherwise lost when the clips are joined and made into a movie in wmv format. Thanks for your advice!

D

Dieter

Use WinDV from http://windv.mourek.cz
you can setup the file name format based on date/hour/min of the captured
scene.

Video-Novice said:
Hi, All
Video segments captured by Microsoft Movie Maker 2 from miniDV tape in
Sony Handycam through firewire automatically use the original recording
dates and times as filenames. I would like these filenames to appear as
titles at the start of each segment of a movie. How can this be done
without copying and pasting each filename manually? Dates and times of
recordings are otherwise lost when the clips are joined and made into a
movie in wmv format. Thanks for your advice!

G

Thanks to Dieter for the tip. Just tried WinDV but Movie Maker 2 already can do the same and more. What I want is to see the date and time of each segment (dozens of segments in one movie) when playing back the entire wma movie file on monitor, like watching the DV tape on TV with the recording date superimposed. I can capture the superimposed dates through my WinTV card but locating individual segments later for editing may be problematic.

Ask a Question