.TIF file

Chek

William,
As I would understand it, WinXP is an operating system (i.e. it ties the
system components - CPU, RAM, Display Adapter, soundcard etc.- together into
a working unit with an interface.
That OS happens to include rock-bottom basic word processing (wordpad,
notepad) and graphics (mspaint) as extras.
Looked at like that, MS are hardly knocking themselves out, compared with
the software bundles a dealer would throw in. But then MS gets its knuckles
wrapped when it attempts to 'dominate' the software market.
You really need a separate application to handle graphic files with any
degree of finesse.
Chek

Jim Macklin

IRFANVIEW is a great program, open and edits most graphics
including video.

"Rob Schneider" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
| William B. Lurie wrote:
|
| > http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/i/billurie/fax1.tif
| >
| > Does XP have any facility for opening this file?
| >
| > William B. Lurie
| >

| I use XP's fax viewer for these sorts of files. I also
have installed
| Gimp graphics program (free and not part of XP) to edit
these sorts of