Thread Numbers

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
AM I MISSING SOMETHING OR AM I STUPID? (don't answer that second question) I had a thread number written down on a piece of paper and when I went into "Search" I could not enter the number to initiate the search. I obviously got there eventually by entering "Key Words" but I was wondering if I had simply missed something. I know that most times the number is there on screen and simply needs a click

IS there a way of entering a thread number? Sorry if I'm being pernickity.
icon12.gif

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
stick it in the address bar

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3181447.php

is for this thread,

No, still can't see it. I can appreciate that this is the number for this thread but where else do I find it? All I see in the address bar is a POST number - where is the thread number?

I'll get my brain in gear one day.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
whats the number ?

I'm not looking for a specific thread at the moment. I was just wondering - on any given thread where do I find the thread number? The address bar only shows the post number - not the same thing.

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick today.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sometimes threads are found using the latest post number, but that is just down to how the forum software works. If the title bar doesn't show /forums/thread-xxxxx.php then I don't know how to find it out unfortunately.

A better way to bookmark threads may be to subscribe to them by clicking Thread Tools at the top of each thread, then clicking subscribe. It should then show up in your subscribed threads in your control panel:

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

Your e-mail preferences may e-mail you each time one of these threads is updated, but you can disable that on this form in the User CP under "Default Thread Subscription Mode":

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
If the title bar doesn't show /forums/thread-xxxxx.php then I don't know how to find it out unfortunately.

Phew !!! Thank God for that. I really thought I was going senile.
icon12.gif

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
nivrip said:
on any given thread where do I find the thread number? The address bar only shows the post number.

My brain is "On" today. Why didn't I think of it before. In Forums, right clicking on the Last Post heading brings up Properties, and ,of course, it's in there.
icon11.gif

Now I can sleep at night.
icon6.gif

Ask a Question