From: "shakey" <shakeyATsonic.net>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Subject: Start/all programs
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:31:18 -0700

Shenan Stanley

shakey said:
Please forget about the message but can anyone suggest why the only
place I find this is in my sent folder?
View set for view all messages-group by conservation-show replies.
This is the third time, over months, I did not find a post of mine.
SG

From: "shakey" <shakeyATsonic.net>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:31:18 -0700

I have no idea what you are doing to not find it. I found it in Outlook
Express, the Microsoft Web Inteface and Google Groups.

Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/...-8EB7A22FC6A0&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us
(scroll down a bit.)

Google Groups:
http://groups.google.com/group/micr...be594?lnk=st&q=author:shakey#f9459c48f6bbe594

Sounds like you may not have Outlook Express downloading enough headers or
something. What newsgroup server are you connecting to, exactly?

Gerry

Check your View settings in Outlook Express. They should be View,
Current View, Show All Messages and View, Current View, Show Replies to
My Messages.Use View, Current View, Group by Conversation to read
newsgroups. This seems to be what you are doing.

The next step is to check whether your housekeeping is removing your
messages. In this case you need to describe what method you are using.

The next point is whether you are downloading messages directly from the
Microsoft news server or from another source. If you taking messages
directly from the Microsoft server the expiry date for news messages is
90 days and they are automatically removed the next time you
synchronise. Other sources have shorter expiry periods so that there
could be as little as a 2/3 day retention period.

When you next encounter the problem try resetting the newsgroup -Tools,
Options, Maintenance, CleanUp, Reset. This removes all existing messages
and enables you to start again and download all messages or headers for
up to 90 days. As Shenan has pointed you can find your previous posts
using Google and searching on shakeyATsonic.net as the author. This will
work for posts more than 90 days ago

http://www.insideoe.com/resources/communities.htm

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

shakey

Shenan Stanley said:
I have no idea what you are doing to not find it. I found it in Outlook
Express, the Microsoft Web Inteface and Google Groups.

Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/...-8EB7A22FC6A0&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us
(scroll down a bit.)

Google Groups:
http://groups.google.com/group/micr...be594?lnk=st&q=author:shakey#f9459c48f6bbe594

Sounds like you may not have Outlook Express downloading enough headers or
something. What newsgroup server are you connecting to, exactly?

Thanks for reply. I am downloading this newsgroup
"microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support" from server
"msnews.microsoft.com".
I have looked for this message,and the previously missing ones, in this
group using both Outlook express and outlook with no luck. Yes I see them at
the locations you mentioned but that's not a normal way to read groups.
Possibly related?? I am set to download 1000 at a time, I read group a few
times a day normally seeing under 100 posts of which I mark all but one or
two as read. Occasionally the next time in the group I will see new messages
and also 10-30 not downloaded. IE left over from last time. A few could have
posted while I previously read group but surely not that many. Of course I
then read them as well.
Thanks again
SG