Thermal gear for Winter BBBrrrr

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Going to camp this winter with the family so want to know good brand Thermal clothing, anything Alaskans , Canadians and Nordics wear as need to get clothing ready, will even consider Ruskies ..

Anyone know good quality , price fair brands ??
Cheers Rush

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Company called Thinsulate make some half decent cold weather gear. Not too pricey either. :thumb:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Well you want warm breathable clothes.

IF you have an O'Neils nearby then go pay them a visit, thats where i get all my winter stuff from, the Jackets are awesome.

Yes its designed for Snowboarders and stuff, but its the best stuff, it keeps you warm, has the proper Goretex in it not the cheap version.

Also visit a Snow & Rock if you have one.

For places that also sell budget as well as good gear try Millets.

If you are getting aleeping bags then you want something that is regulated to at least -20.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Campilene by Patagonia ! You can not buy finer gear. My set was bought in 1987 and is still as good as new. Keeps you warm even when wet and drys ultra fast.

http://www.patagonia.com/usa/produc...LLECTION&catcode=PBL_FA_US.PBL.MENS.CAPILENE2

bowdown.gif

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
are the 'Army & Navy' stores still around ??

:D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks guys , the sleeping bags we have are from Tresspass and are great , so will trawl through all other suggestions :)

Ask a Question