The X Files (I Want to Believe)

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi all,

Went to see the new X Files Movie earlier so justed wanted to warn anybody who was going to consider seeing TO NOT.

I have been an avid X Files fan since it started i have all the DVD boxsets and even the comics, but this film is oh so crap!

They have taken the X Files name, got Mulder and Scully back in and that is about it, the film isn't about an X File, no continuence of alien story, nothing to suggest that this even has anything to do with the X Files.

Billy Connely is crap as usual, the story/plot is so thin and drawn out most 3 year olds could devise a better story.

You get Scully whinging at Mulder for 1 h 40 mins about chasing rainbows and to give up his life long quest. retreads some familiar ground but that is just thrown in so you think its actually something to do with the X Files.

If anyone has seen a trailer then that is all the action out of the film in about 30 seconds.

Gone is the witty back and forth between Mulder and Scully, gone are the creative plots from Chris Carter, gone are the fans?

So in summary, crap crappity crap!

Go see Hancock instead.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yeah I guesssed this was just a rehash of some cack that they could throw together to make a few more qiud..

I don't know why they bother..:(

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Aww, that's disappointing to hear. I'm an X-Files fan too, so was hoping the new film was going to be good...:(

Reaction score
YEah im an x-files fan but i guess its all down o personal taste. At the end of the day its been ten years since the last movie so I have to watch it and make up my own mind I guess.

Thanks for the warning though

Reaction score
Hey its got Gillian Anderson in it so I'm off to watch it for sure...Oooops did I say that aloud..?:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Yeah is just what i thought is all, i suppose the more people that see it the more chance they might make another one with a bit more effort put in.

Ask a Question