The top 10 "rogue" anti-spyware applications

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Without further ado, I present to you the top 10 rogue anti-spyware applications of 2005.

Dis-Honorable mention goes to VirtualBouncer/AdDestoyer for its 2 1/2 year history of being stealth installed in exploits without notice or consent.

10. Spyware Bomber brought to us by the same folks behind Enternet Media, the spyware company shut down recently by the FTC.

9. SlimShield tied with Winhound Spyware Remover for hijacking and stealth installation.

8. WinAntiVirus and its companion WinAntiSpyware 2005 for hijacking, aggressive advertising and inappropriate collection of personally identifying information.

7. SpywareNo and its clone SpyDemolisher for stealth installation and deceptive aggressive advertising.

6. Razespyware for stealth installs, desktop hijacks and aggressive advertising.

5. Spy Trooper for stealth installs, desktop hijacks and aggressive advertising.

4. WorldAntiSpy for stealth installs, desktop hijacks and aggressive advertising.

3. PSGuard for stealth installs, desktop hijacks and aggressive advertising.

2. SpySheriff for stealth installs, desktop hijacks and aggressive advertising.

1. SpyAxe for desktop hijacks, stealth installs and deceptive, aggressive advertising.

:D

Ask a Question