The specified remote computer could not be found. Verify that you have typed the correct computer na

G

Users connecting to our network over cisco vpn who try establishing a TS session receive the following error

"The specified remote computer could not be found. Verify that you have typed the correct computername or ip address, and then try connecting again.

Microsoft says that we should try connecting to the ip address of the terminal server instead of the net bios name of the server (like we didn't try to do that already). Typing in the ip address does not work and we still receive the same error

When myself or any of my users are within our native network environement, we can access TS just fine

If anyone has an answer, I'd greatly appreciate it

Thank you
Stacey

S

Shenan Stanley

Stacey said:
Users connecting to our network over cisco vpn who try establishing a
TS session receive the following error:

"The specified remote computer could not be found. Verify that you
have typed the correct computername or ip address, and then try
connecting again."

Microsoft says that we should try connecting to the ip address of the
terminal server instead of the net bios name of the server (like we
didn't try to do that already). Typing in the ip address does not
work and we still receive the same error.

When myself or any of my users are within our native network
environement, we can access TS just fine.

If anyone has an answer, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Is the stateful firewall on or off on your cisco client?

G

Good question Shenan. I don't know if that is turned on in the client. I'll have one of my uses look at the cisco vpn client config to tell me what he sees

Stacey

G

The fiewall was a good suggestion. Also, could be a problem with the router allowing access from outside your network.

You may need to open the port for TS to the computer that is providing the service.

Ask a Question