The specified network name is no longer available

Chris

I am having problems copying files from a Windows client (XP and 2003)
to a Samba server. Whenever I try to copy a large file or large number
of smaller files, the copy starts fine and goes for a few minutes, but
before the copy completes, the Windows client quits and says, "The
specified network name is no longer available." The files that get
copied over before the error occurs are not corrupt and I can open them
just fine. If I copy a smaller amount of data, this problem does not
occur. It also does *not* occur if I copy from the Samba server to the
Windows client. I tried copying from a Macintosh (OS X) to the Samaba
server and had NO problems at all. It's *only* from the Windows client
to the Samba server.

The error message isn't very descriptive and I'm wondering if I can find
any more detailed information. I didn't see anything in the system logs.
The Samba server just says that the client disconnected.

The server is running Samaba 3.0.21 on Solaris 10 11/06. The clients
are Windows 2003 Server and Windows XP w/ SP2.

Thanks,

Chris

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Try to reconfigure the NIC speed. Or this link may help,

specified network name is not longer availableSystem error 64 - The specified network name is no longer available. System error 53. The network path was not found. Event ID 3013 - Description: The ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/troubleshooting/systemerror64.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE