The saga continues...................................

Reaction score
Yes i'm still looking at a new mobile!
But i've narrowed it down to either the:
Samsung Galaxy Ace/Samsung GalaxyS or the new Galaxy S 2 all running Android 2.2.
I've been led to belive that Android is the best O/S to go with?

And i may change my mind if i dont buy soon!:lol:

So if any of you can help i would of course buy you beer all night in the crunchers tavern:thumb:

Last edited:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Yes i'm still looking at a new mobile!
But i've narrowed it down to either the:
Samsung Galaxy Ace/Samsung GalaxyS or the new Galaxy S 2 all running Android 2.2.
I've been led to belive that Android is the best O/S to go with?

And i may change my mind if i dont buy soon!:lol:

So if any of you can help i would of course buy you beer all night in the crunchers tavern:thumb:

Galaxy S II actually runs with Android 2.3 Gingerbread and not 2.2 Froyo.

Samsung has the best screen on offer, no one can come close to that "looking out the window" feeling! It has the screen to die for:bow:

The other phone I too was considering was the Cliq 2 by Motorola. But have not yet decided. For me it is not the phone only it is the complete change I am concerned about as I use a Blackberry.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Maybe a little Off Topic here but I've noticed Makros are doing a Sim Free unlocked Blackberry Curve 8520 for £150 + VAT = £180.

That any good?

Reaction score
Probably going to go for the Galaxy S II as it has some good write ups on it.
Found that the Blackberrys seem to have small keys for my big paws to play with!

Reaction score
Oh poo............the galaxy S 2 will be on a £41 per month contract!:eek:
Thats way to much to spend so may get the Ace as it's more in my price for a contract.:(

I will go and stamp my feet & shout!:lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The original galaxy s is still a nice phone. A mates just got one and I quite like it.

The only thing I dont like about android phones is the battery life. His galaxy chews trough it so did my old ones, I've had three, a Nexus one, magic and a hero and the missus has a wildfire. They all eat battery.

Which is why I binned mine for an iPhone4, the battery is easily better by a long way.....

Shame really if it wasn't for that I'd be quite happy with one

Reaction score
Argh so even though Android is good it eats battery life, so an iPone could be a possibility.
My other half wants me to get a phone i can use with gmail so we can keep in touch.
May sound a silly question but would an iPhone do that?:blush:

May go for the galaxy s then, i can get it on a decent tariff.
Would having a 500MB data bundle be a good idea?

Last edited:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Maybe a little Off Topic here but I've noticed Makros are doing a Sim Free unlocked Blackberry Curve 8520 for £150 + VAT = £180.

That any good?

I have exactly the same model now, not that I choose to buy it but it was a replacement phone from T-Mobile for the Blackberry Flip I use to have. The flip had serious hardware issues and I had to go through 4 units under warranty. The flip was the only blackberry with large keys as others were having too small a keyboard for my big paws.:lol:

Unfortunately I ended up with the curve and a tiny keyborad. The phone works fine and the battery lasts two days on full charge with fairly heavy use (mainly talk). Blackberry still are the best when it comes to communication, messaging, email, and talk but other than that the Android phones offer a lot in terms of multimedia and most have large screens which are great for these old eyes and large on screen keyboards where you do not end up pressing two keys at the same time.

Whatever little research I have done the Motorolla Cliq 2 would be my first choice as it has the best business communication features of all the Android phones. I have always been a Motorola fan having gone through 6 Razr's in its lifecycle.

The other reason I wish to switch to and Android phone is due to the fact that it has builtin GPS and having a large screen would actually help me get rid of my aging GPS which I am using now so it would be in a real sense "killing two birds with one stone" so to say.

The advantages for me are many in switching as for the battery life, yes it is a price I amy have to pay but there are ways to overcome that. I have an inverter in my car which is capable to chrging any phone or laptop on the go so it is not a big issue for me. I can also get a spare battery just in case which are not too expensive anyway.

The Motorola Cliq 2 is not a cheap phone but i am already up for a renewal of my contract so I just have to pay like $50 to get it and renew the contract for two more years.

Flops If you are in the middle of making a decision do consider the points I have put forward and decide what is best for you.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Argh so even though Android is good it eats battery life, so an iPone could be a possibility.
My other half wants me to get a phone i can use with gmail so we can keep in touch.
May sound a silly question but would an iPhone do that?:blush:

May go for the galaxy s then, i can get it on a decent tariff.
Would having a 500MB data bundle be a good idea?

Yes any phone with web feature can do google, I do not see the reason why not.

500MB data bundle is entirely dependent on how you use the web, if it is for email only yes it would do, but if you use the web than you may need more.

Ask a Question