"The Remote Computer has Ended The Connection"

Joined
May 18, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I had the same issue. It seems to have been corrected by opening Device Manager and enabling the System Device "Terminal Server Device Redirector".

=?Utf-8?B?V29sZnRlZXRo?= said:
Actually, I already found a solution and it works, but it may not be a final
solution.
Replacing the file termsrv.dll with an earlier version. To do that, boot the
computer with Safe Mode. Then do this command:

copy c:\windows\$NtServicePackUninstall$\termsrv.dll c:\windows\system32\.

"(e-mail address removed)" wrote:

> Hi, Everybody,
>
> I encountered same issue, but no solution so far, if somebody who
> get to fix the problem please CC to me, thanks in advance.
>
> giaca wrote:
> > I have exactly the same issue here and have tried everything mentioned in
> > this topic. I don't want to go back to XP SP1 though. Is there really no
> > solution to this problem? Any suggestions?
> >
> > "Si" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a home computer running Windows XP Prof and a Work Laptop, also
> > > running Windows XP Prof.
> > >
> > > A couple of months ago, when working at home, I used to use Windows Remote
> > > Desktop Connection from my Home PC to work on my Work Laptop (via local
> > > LAN). I have had no problem using RDC in the past.
> > >
> > > However, since my Work Laptop was upgraded to SP2 (I think) I am unable to
> > > connect to it using RDC. I get the message "The Remote Computer Has Ended
> > > The Connection".
> > >
> > > RDC is enabled in the System/Remote tab. I have tried it with the Firewall
> > > enabled/disabled on both machines. RD is checked as allowed on the Windows
> > > Firewall. I have tried disabling RDC on the System/Remote tab, rebooting
> > > then re-enabling it again and I still get the same problem as described
> > > above.
> > >
> > > Can anyone suggest a way of rectifying this problem?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Si.

Joined
Jul 2, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
when I used to use Windows Remote Desktop Connection to one PC it gives the error "The Remote Computer Has Ended The Connection" but other computers can connect to it also i can remote desktop other computers HELP i could get fired if i can't solve this today