The procedure entry point SetThreadUILanguage could not be located

I'm trying to run the following line ("MYDOMAINNAME" is replaced with my
actual domain name):
ldifde.exe /i /f C:\2003_ADPrep\inetOrgPersonFix.ldf /c "DC=X"
"DC=MYDOMAINNAME,DC=com,DC=au"

I'm getting a critical error which has the following text:
"The procedure entry point SetThreadUILanguage could not be located in the
dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

Please post on this, I need to get my new 2003 server setup as a DC asap.

Thanks.

Ace Fekay [MVP]

In
Gav said:
Hi,

I'm trying to run the following line ("MYDOMAINNAME" is replaced with
my actual domain name):
ldifde.exe /i /f C:\2003_ADPrep\inetOrgPersonFix.ldf /c "DC=X"
"DC=MYDOMAINNAME,DC=com,DC=au"

I'm getting a critical error which has the following text:
"The procedure entry point SetThreadUILanguage could not be located
in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

Please post on this, I need to get my new 2003 server setup as a DC
asap.

Thanks.

I assume you are trying to upgrade AD to 2003. What article are you
following to run this script? I am assuming you received a mangled
attributes message trying to run adrep and followed this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314649

Ldifde is a built in tool, so to say it may be an incorrect version to cause
this message would be incorrect. The procedure point entry errors are
indicative of an incorrect (version) or missing DLL that ldifde is calling.
If it comes down to the kernel, then something else is up and since the
error is generated with the SetThreadUILanguage function, then at first
glance it's saying it's multi-language pack on the operating system.

What SP? Maybe a simple SP update will help.
What OS skew is this? Is it multi-langauage?
Are you running this from the new machine or on the 2000 DC? (It needs to be
run on the 2000 DC, specifically on the Schema Master.)

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Having difficulty reading or finding responses to your post?
Instead of the website you're using, I suggest to use OEx (Outlook Express
or any other newsreader), and configure a news account, pointing to
news.microsoft.com. This is a direct link to the Microsoft Public
Newsgroups. It is FREE and requires NO ISP's Usenet account. OEx allows you
to easily find, track threads, cross-post, sort by date, poster's name,
watched threads or subject.

It's easy:
How to Configure OEx for Internet News
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=171164

Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
Microsoft Certified Trainer

Infinite Diversities in Infinite Combinations
Assimilation Imminent. Resistance is Futile
"Very funny Scotty. Now, beam down my clothes."

The only thing in life is change. Anything more is a blackhole consuming
unnecessary energy. - [Me]