The PCR Guild Wars 2 Thread

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Bringing Enjoyment and Quality to life ... was, dunno if it still is, an offshoot from Acer.

Nice GW monitor. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I've just done the deed lol, so hopefully, the new monitor will be delivered by 1 pm tomorrow. Can't wait - this titchy, make-do monitor is driving me nuts! Lol

I'll need to saw a wee bit off the desk, (there's a shelf which is going to get in the way of the new monitor's rear) but hubby's electric jigsaw should make short work of that. :dance:

Roll on the next BETA...

muckshifter

Reaction score
Play Asura and Sylvari in the July 20-22 Beta Weekend Event! :dance: :cheers: :dance:

For our final Beta Weekend Event (July 20-22), we’re making the asura and sylvari races available to beta players for the first time. Players will be able to create characters from any of the five main races of Tyria—human, norn, charr, asura, and sylvari—and begin their Guild Wars 2 experience in any of the five radically different home regions.

For asura players, this means beginning your tale in Metrica Province, a vivid, exotic jungle area full of high-tech laboratories, quirky golems, and competing krewes of mad scientists. Nearby, the massive monoliths of the asuran capital Rata Sum hum with technomagical power. These diminutive geniuses may seem cute at first glance, but never underestimate an asura …

Sylvari players begin their story in the Grove, a luminous living city nestled in the shade of the Pale Tree, the “mother” of every member of this young race of plant humanoids. The sylvari are an enigmatic race of chivalrous explorers who are driven by an insatiable curiosity and guided by a collective Dream.

http://www.arena.net/blog/play-asura-and-sylvari-in-the-july-20-22-beta-weekend-event

:drool:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oh great! I really want to try-out being plant-life, should be fun. Only 18 more days to go.

(Looking forward to seeing the game on my new monitor too. Even the old one is looking pretty awesome on here. :thumb:)

muckshifter

Reaction score
err, TC, you really do need to get your appointment for your eyes ... its eleven days for the Beta weekend, 20th July :lol:

then, it's a looong wait for release, but WE get it 3 days early. :thumb:

I think the Sylvari will make great hunters ... never short of wood to make a new bow. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
err, TC, you really do need to get your appointment for your eyes ... its eleven days for the Beta weekend, 20th July :lol:

then, it's a looong wait for release, but WE get it 3 days early. :thumb:

I think the Sylvari will make great hunters ... never short of wood to make a new bow. :)
Oops! :lol: I mistakenly glanced at the coloured calendar entry I'd made for the town's festival weekend... duh!

It would be just my luck if an eye appointment came up on the 20th :rolleyes:.... that would be really annoying.

Re Sylvari - probably not a good idea for them to venture into that area that's teeming with rabbits...:D

muckshifter

Reaction score
Build 14762 is out for download ... it's a big one.

is all them Asua & Silvari. :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
What’s New in the Final Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event.

... players will be able to create asura and sylvari characters for the first time this weekend, exploring each race’s fantastical home region, and experiencing the unique storyline options available to these races.

... a brand-new map, recommended for players level 17-20, makes its debut this weekend.

... the first minigame activity playable in a beta weekend—the wildly popular, incredibly macho norn pastime known as Keg Brawl!

... introducing a brand-new player-versus-player map this weekend that we call “Legacy of the Foefire,” which draws some inspiration from the lore and design of the original Guild Wars.

Remember, all Beta information for your charismatic toon will be deleted prior to the game going live, however, ANet will keep a record of how many gems you’ve purchased during beta events. When Guild Wars 2 launches on August 28, you’ll receive those gems back on your account.

read it here folks

if you are interested in this weekends Beta event, there are a few hundred extra weekend keys floating around, look us up in game if you acquire one. :)

:user:

muckshifter

Reaction score
The Worlds of the Final Beta Weekend Event

... the most important part of this post, is, the list of worlds that will be available at the start of BWE3!

read the full blog here

oh, and, see you in game TOMORROW. :dance:

muckshifter

Reaction score
today, is now ...

Event Time Announcer: Times around the world ... what time in your part of the World do you get to logon. :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
Not sure if this means we have to choose new Home Worlds again?
Yep, I think we will have to, also some of the "extra" servers have been taken offline, not that I can remember what server I'm on. :blush:

We have free moves to a new home world if we need it ... may go to Piken Square, just to see what the RPing may be like. :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
ouch!!

we start all over again on this Beta ... I have no saved chars. :cry:

I've logged in by the way, gonna go Piken Square, early. :cool:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oops! I ended up on the Vabbi server - it seemed to be pretty good though, I didn't experience any lag this evening. :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
Reserve Your Guild Wars Character Name for Guild Wars 2 by July 31

If you’re a Guild Wars player who wants to use your character names in Guild Wars 2, now is the time to stake your claim.

It’s easy ... all you have to do is log in to your Guild Wars account to reserve all your character names. But don’t delay—the deadline for name reservation is July 31.

"We’re building our Guild Wars 2 name reservation list on July 31. We’re only reserving character names from active Guild Wars accounts, which is why you’ll need to log in at least once in 2012 before we build the list in order to be considered an active Guild Wars player."

However, as mentioned in a previous blog post, your Guild Wars character names will not be reserved indefinitely. You must create a Guild Wars 2 character with the same name as your Guild Wars character during the Headstart Access period or on launch day. Shortly after launch, we’ll free up all the unclaimed names for new Guild Wars 2 players to use.

Full Blog :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
ArenaNet has updated the Guild Wars 2 beta client with close to 10,000 files added or changed.

Additions include a FPS counter, updated maps, and an update to PvP arenas Raid of the Capricorn and Legacy of the Foefire, and the PvE area Sorror’s Ambrace. An unknown area which could possibly be the Hall of Memories or an extension of Orr was also added.

The last beta test was held weekend before last, it’s not likely another test will roll out unless its a short stress test ... a lot of speculations say its likely ... so players will have less to download when the game launches at the end of August. It makes sense, as it would also reduce the load on the game servers at launch.

http://www.arena.net/blog/

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Cheers Mucks. :thumb: Must admit, I'm truly looking forward to the launch. The new Asura characters are inspired and imho; they've provided the game with an extra dimension, namely humour.

The original GW contained wit, of course, but during the final GW2 BETA, I frequently found myself laughing until the tears rolled! The sheer fun and enjoyment of playing an Asura came as quite a surprise....

No prizes for guessing what my first new character's going to be... :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
STOP THE PRESS

Guild Wars 2 will be conducting a stress test on Thursday, August 2 from 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time to 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time.

"Unlike previous stress tests, we will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed. Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch. By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game! ~RB2"

... just to make sure you know, that IS tomorrow. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Great!
smiley_highfive.gif
:D

Ask a Question